SolarCity

www.solarcity.com
There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

Doing good can also mean doing well.

Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant in Chico, CA
Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant in Chico, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Everyone like a win win situation... SolarCity is a win, win, win, win, win, win and so on situation. I win my doing WELL for my family, my customers win becauase they keep money they would otherwise surrender to a monopoly, the monopoly wins because we are helping them achieve a mandate for clean electricity with letting investment on their part AND we reduce stress on the aging grid AND we impose competitive pressure on them so, eventually the monopoly will no longer be a monopoly and will actually have to WORK to keep customers. The local community wins because we create and retain great paying jobs in the community at the same time as freeing our customer's budget to have more money to invest in local businesses. Local non profits win because of partnerships we create that put money in their coffers. And the EARTH wins because we are using the only unexhaustible completely non polluting source of energy thus reducing our dependance on finite and polluting sources of energy.

Cons

When you work for a cause you get caught up in it. Free time gets very limited so learn to make the most of it.

improve internal customer service attitude and communication. Interdepartment communication is very lacking. A problem is sometimes not solved because someone does not prioritize it while I am waiting on an answer that is important to a customer. Other times a problem solved but I am not aware of it because much of my time is spent behind a windshield instead of in front of my computer which means I can't stay on top of everything, a simple e-mail telling me that the situation has progressed or is solved would be very helpful.

577 Other Employee Reviews for SolarCity (View Most Recent)

Fast food Solar!

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Stock and vacation pay, Many great people at the trench level that make strive to create a good experience for the customer.

Cons

read Yelp, BBB and Glassdoor. No one is minding the store. customer has been forgotten in the thrash since post IPO. All customer care is administrated from Las Vegas. Poor communication and new hires that are not trained to place the customer first.

very obvious that many of the glassdoor reviews are written by company insiders. would not be surprised if they post a position for someone to write reviews to counter the poor reviews they receive.

advice is only welcomed when someone cares enough to listen.

Worse Company. Not what they portray themselves to be

Former Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at SolarCity full-time (more than a year)

Pros

None. Company sucks. Stay away.

Cons

This company is badly managed. No training. They need to make very clear their expectations. They should have told me to bring my crystal ball to work.

HELP your employees instead of listening to high school like drama. The problem is that managers have no idea what they are doing. So when things don't go right, they blame the employees and fire them instead of finding out the root cause and changing the procedures they think it is somehow the employees fault.

There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity