SolarCity

www.solarcity.com
  www.solarcity.com
There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

Doing good can also mean doing well.

Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant in Chico, CA
Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant in Chico, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everyone like a win win situation... SolarCity is a win, win, win, win, win, win and so on situation. I win my doing WELL for my family, my customers win becauase they keep money they would otherwise surrender to a monopoly, the monopoly wins because we are helping them achieve a mandate for clean electricity with letting investment on their part AND we reduce stress on the aging grid AND we impose competitive pressure on them so, eventually the monopoly will no longer be a monopoly and will actually have to WORK to keep customers. The local community wins because we create and retain great paying jobs in the community at the same time as freeing our customer's budget to have more money to invest in local businesses. Local non profits win because of partnerships we create that put money in their coffers. And the EARTH wins because we are using the only unexhaustible completely non polluting source of energy thus reducing our dependance on finite and polluting sources of energy.

Cons

When you work for a cause you get caught up in it. Free time gets very limited so learn to make the most of it.

improve internal customer service attitude and communication. Interdepartment communication is very lacking. A problem is sometimes not solved because someone does not prioritize it while I am waiting on an answer that is important to a customer. Other times a problem solved but I am not aware of it because much of my time is spent behind a windshield instead of in front of my computer which means I can't stay on top of everything, a simple e-mail telling me that the situation has progressed or is solved would be very helpful.

464 Other Employee Reviews for SolarCity (View Most Recent)

Not to bad

Current Employee - Direct Energy Consultant in Parker, CO
    Current Employee - Direct Energy Consultant in Parker, CO

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (less than an year)

Pros

great company, good values, Fantastic benefits

Cons

little training, even less material to help sell

please please please train better, especially since you have taken away the 3 month guarantee

Flexible schedule and fantastic boss.

Current Employee - Field Energy Specialist in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Field Energy Specialist in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Compensation is generous and training was a bit of a challenge since I was not accustomed to using Salesforce in the past. The trainers were very patient because they themselves began in the same position.

Great yearly salary and generous bonus structure.
    We are helping the planet by lowering the carbon footprint as well as helping individuals save on their utilities.

Cons

Working with the public is challenging. When we discuss with individuals how we help them to save on their utility bill, some of them keep walking and others politely decline listening.

There is an upside-- when approached by a prospect others gather around to see what's going on and some do sign up for solar power.

Keep doing what you do! You ladies and gentlemen are the best.

There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity