SolarCity

www.solarcity.com
  www.solarcity.com
There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

Great experience working with positive, motivated, and intelligent people changing the energy industry!

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Senior Engineer in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

One of the most inspiring aspects of working for this company is that problems are not solved by asking what is possible but deciding what is needed to achieve our goals and making that possible. Our leaders look to where we and the renewable energy industry need to be and help drive change by breaking through previously limiting barriers to mass solar adoption.

Cons

With so much growth and change there can sometimes be gaps in the communication between departments that make implementing change difficult at times. But this is not so much a con as it is just a natural challenge to a rapidly growing company.

SolarCity Response

Aug 25, 2014SolarCity Recruiting

We are glad to have someone with your outlook on our team! To reach our common goal we all need to think outside the box. Communication is extremely important and something we are continually ... More

453 Other Employee Reviews for SolarCity (View Most Recent)

Inspirational Company to work for

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working at SolarCity really makes you feel like you are making a difference in the world.

Cons

This company is growing so rapidly that I sometimes feel unrecognized.

So far so good.

Current Employee - Field Energy Specialist
    Current Employee - Field Energy Specialist

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I really enjoy my management and coworkers. We're all very supportive to each other and try our best to help each other out when possible. I also love our product and the comprehensive services that we offer.

Cons

There should be much more training. The only training that exists is the 2 day virtual training on salesforce and solar basics. Such a big company should offer ongoing training instead of just shadowing.

Better training.