SolarCity

Real Opportunities!

Current Employee - Senior Field Energy Consultant  in  Monterey, CA
Current Employee - Senior Field Energy Consultant in Monterey, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is an amazing company for goal oriented individuals. This is the first time in my professional career that growth opportunities presented to me during my recruitment were more than just carrots that were being dangled to make everyone work harder. Not only was I promoted twice within my first year with the company, but I watched several colleagues move into new roles as well.

Cons

Because the company is growing so quickly, you MUST be open to change. Although there is an each-one-teach-one philosophy, there will not be a lot of hand holding. Make sure you bring your track shoes. You will have to hit the ground running.

Aug 25, 2014SolarCity Recruiting

Wow, we couldn't have said it better ourselves. We foster an environment where we work hard and reward hard work! Given our extremely fast, ‘fly by the seat of your pants’ culture we’re glad to ... More

360 Other Employee Reviews for SolarCity (View Most Recent)

I'm inspired and excited to work for such an amazing company!

Current Employee - Senior Field Energy Consultant  in  Santa Cruz, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Field Energy Consultant in Santa Cruz, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time for more than a year

Pros

I get to get paid for supplying a service that doesn't cost anything and every day I'm saving people on their energy bills. Not only that, the service that I'm providing is helping save the environment and our planet! I also get to meet great people every day and help them join our movement toward cleaner cheaper energy. I'm can't say how proud I am to work for such an innovative and supportive company that has their head in the right game!

Cons

My position is a Sr. Field Energy Consultant. My job is driving around to different homes to help promote our product. It is a very demanding job. There is hardly a day that I do not function or perform my duties. Although, every day that I am working, I am doing something that I truely believe in and having fun while I do it. As much as I do work, I love my job so I don't feel like I am working.

I don't think everyone has the same fortune I have had when it comes to management. I am on my second manager since we split our team and have doubled our size. My first manager, now promoted and continuing his long streak of success at SolarCity, was amazing. He helped inspire me and mold my abilities into the successful solar consultant that I am. My new manager is also wonderful and always supportive when needed.

Sep 8, 2014SolarCity Recruiting

We are happy to hear you share our sense of pride in SolarCity. SolarCity is a movement, composed of the “great people” you mentioned. It’s not easy saving the world and we truly appreciate the ... More

Outstanding Training, all the right tools are provided.

Current Employee - Inside Energy Consultant  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Inside Energy Consultant in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at SolarCity full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture, it feels like Apple as far as culture and teamwork. High Energy.

Cons

I have no cons at this time.

Aug 25, 2014SolarCity Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us-- we feel communication and training are the keys to success! We are happy to know things are going well and we will continue to deliver our employees ... More

There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

Worked for SolarCity? Contribute to the Community!