SolarCity

www.solarcity.com
  www.solarcity.com
There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

Contract Analyst

I have been working at SolarCity

Pros

Great place working environment with supportive and collaborative team. Company is constantly changing and growing to meet the high demands.

Cons

Company's salary does not reflect the expense of the cost of living in the surrounding areas.

333 Other Employee Reviews for SolarCity (View Most Recent)

Direct Energy Consultant

Former Employee - Direct Energy Consultant  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Direct Energy Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at SolarCity full-time for less than a year

Pros

Saving the world one roof at a time.

Cons

Door-to-door in the Arizona summer time is insane.

Do not punish coworkers for helping you.

I want to help people?

Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant  in  Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant in Fresno, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is only one reason I would consider this position; helping people save on their electric bills. It is truly a gig where you can walk in to 3 family houses every day and honestly bless them financially.

Cons

Company is constantly redefining their metric for what they consider success for most positions. This is common for disruptive technologies and high growth companies. Unfortunately, it means that you will not have any job security for first five years. Everyone's head is always on the block.

As you know, you have an amazing offering... However, you do not have an amazing marketing strategy. Instead of constantly threatening to lop off the heads of your sales teams (who really are on board with your vision), try to help them tell the story of how the average family can truly benefit by signing up. It is only natural for American's to be skeptical when they are offered something so beneficial with absolutely no upfront investment. Use that to our advantage... Uncommon value is your prison, uncommon marketing is your key.

There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

Worked for SolarCity? Contribute to the Community!