There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

Believing in a better way!

Current Contractor - Recruiter in Fort Worth, TX
Current Contractor - Recruiter in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at SolarCity as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

As a recruiter at SolarCity I am provided the opportunity to identify talent for a company that is on the leading edge of residential solar power generation. SolarCity has a vision and the drive to be successful with an already proven track record of employee growth, development and is agile enough to make changes on the fly to bridge employment needs.

Cons

Much like any company in it's infancy, change is common place. But the desire to change for the right reasons is amicable and well thought out albeit difficult at times. Although change has a tendency to effect the growth rate negatively, the goal is to increase our ability to provide high level talent to an already tremendously successful sales/operations organization with much success. Change is akin to growing pains that will subside as the company becomes an adult.

Aug 25, 2014SolarCity Recruiting

Thank you not only for your feedback, but for your commitment to SolarCity. You are right, we are a fast-paced company that is always changing. We definitely need top-level talent like you to ... More

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

I'm inspired and excited to work for such an amazing company!

Current Employee - Senior Field Energy Consultant in Santa Cruz, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Field Energy Consultant in Santa Cruz, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I get to get paid for supplying a service that doesn't cost anything and every day I'm saving people on their energy bills. Not only that, the service that I'm providing is helping save the environment and our planet! I also get to meet great people every day and help them join our movement toward cleaner cheaper energy. I'm can't say how proud I am to work for such an innovative and supportive company that has their head in the right game!

Cons

My position is a Sr. Field Energy Consultant. My job is driving around to different homes to help promote our product. It is a very demanding job. There is hardly a day that I do not function or perform my duties. Although, every day that I am working, I am doing something that I truely believe in and having fun while I do it. As much as I do work, I love my job so I don't feel like I am working.

Advice to Management

I don't think everyone has the same fortune I have had when it comes to management. I am on my second manager since we split our team and have doubled our size. My first manager, now promoted and continuing his long streak of success at SolarCity, was amazing. He helped inspire me and mold my abilities into the successful solar consultant that I am. My new manager is also wonderful and always supportive when needed.

Sep 8, 2014SolarCity Recruiting

We are happy to hear you share our sense of pride in SolarCity. SolarCity is a movement, composed of the “great people” you mentioned. It’s not easy saving the world and we truly appreciate the ... More

If you value your Christian beliefs this is not a company for you

Current Employee - Crew Lead in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Crew Lead in Foster City, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Panel pay and benefits not to mention my fellow installers other than that there is nothing else that is good about the company

Cons

Long hours and their plan is to make everyone work weekends and that includes Sunday. Solarcity is more interested in momey than you or your family. Elon and Tangy think that they own their employees and can make them do whst ever they want.
    When I started it was a Monday through Friday Opperation now we are working Saturdays now we are being asked to volunteer for Sundays. This is not a company for Christmas.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees and making your employees work Sunday will upset them and lile me I will tell my church family, family and friends. I am not your puppet to do as you wish.

Sep 29, 2014SolarCity Recruiting

We are sorry to hear that changes caused by our growth have created conflict in your personal life. As a company that offers a retail product, it is a natural progression to offer our services and ... More