SolarWinds

www.solarwinds.com
  www.solarwinds.com
There are newer employer reviews for SolarWinds

Great place to work and professional grow.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at SolarWinds

Pros

SolarWinds is a fast paced dynamic place to work and I have found it to be a great fit for me. The quality of the team here is very high and I find it challenges me to grow and reach almost daily. The executive team is the best I have ever worked for. We are cutting edge in our industry and are not afraid to try new things and learn from them. The leaders not only set the direction, but actually take responsibility for the success or lack of. I would and have recommended SolarWinds as a great place to work to my close friends.

Cons

It is a high energy place all the time. Sometimes the pace can get tiring when you do not take enough personal time. Secondly, we have a challenge with scope creep. As in any small company, it can necessitate that you take on roles that you might not have in larger companies. Keeping the balance between being a team player and maintaining focus on the areas you own can be challenging. I am honestly challenged with enough material to fill in this space to meet the word requirements.

None, they do an awesome job.

116 Other Employee Reviews for SolarWinds (View Most Recent)

About company

I have been working at SolarWinds

Pros

Its a good place to learn new technology and highly motivated

Cons

Self learning is must. And before you have to know basics

Senior executives completely disconnected, if you're not American you don't matter

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

I have been working at SolarWinds full-time

Pros

Personally I've had some excellent mid-level managers, I've learned loads and it's never boring. Money can be decent, but you sell your soul.

Cons

Lots of talk of everyone's opinion being important, but simply not the case. Senior executives are simply in this to earn fast money, and will destroy anyone in their way. The "model" is the end-all-and-be-all. Very high turn-over of staff, especially in sales. If the execs thought the company would be around long term they wouldn't keep flogging shares. Local staff consistently over-looked in favour of staff from the US HQ getting promotions.

Give local staff a chance, and accept that not everywhere is the same as USA.

There are newer employer reviews for SolarWinds