There are newer employer reviews for SolarWinds

Great place to work and professional grow.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at SolarWinds

Pros

SolarWinds is a fast paced dynamic place to work and I have found it to be a great fit for me. The quality of the team here is very high and I find it challenges me to grow and reach almost daily. The executive team is the best I have ever worked for. We are cutting edge in our industry and are not afraid to try new things and learn from them. The leaders not only set the direction, but actually take responsibility for the success or lack of. I would and have recommended SolarWinds as a great place to work to my close friends.

Cons

It is a high energy place all the time. Sometimes the pace can get tiring when you do not take enough personal time. Secondly, we have a challenge with scope creep. As in any small company, it can necessitate that you take on roles that you might not have in larger companies. Keeping the balance between being a team player and maintaining focus on the areas you own can be challenging. I am honestly challenged with enough material to fill in this space to meet the word requirements.

Advice to Management

None, they do an awesome job.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great place to learn for Application side troubleshooting

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

I worked at SolarWinds full-time

Pros

Great office culture, fun to work in SolarWinds, learning new technologies, Stock units, free lunches, multiple social clubs, nights out, free lunches on Wednesdays.

Cons

Employees should be sent for external training & career path need to be defined so employee can stay focus and kept thinking that what he is doing is still meaningful for him & for the company, other then that I don't see cons in SolarWinds.

Competitive company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

I worked at SolarWinds

Pros

Good pay, good perks. Great products, great knowledge gain, good people, good mentors.

Cons

Less transparency with management visions. No goals clearly defined. So you need to be up on your toes all the time. If you are someone who would need someone to remind you about your daily duties, then don't join this company.

Advice to Management

Groom young talents to give a good age culture rather expecting miracles from existing hires.