SolarWinds

www.solarwinds.com

Don't work here if you care anything about a healthy working atmosphere.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsFree lunch 2X a week.
The salary isn't bad, but they will lowball you.

ConsThis is the worst company I have ever worked for.

Don't be fooled - SolarWinds is a SALES organization, and nothing else. If you're here to do technology, or marketing, or something that supports the sales of the software, be prepared to just suck it up on a daily basis and "git er done". And because of that, there are no rules when it comes to getting work done. There is no training. It's pretty much get thrown in the deep end after a baptismal by fire. If you make it then you can stay. And they don't give a crap if you don't.

Upper mgmt > veep level heavy. Suits: individual contributors is almost 1:1. And they are very controlling to the point of micromanagement. And if you have any desire to move up or make your mark, forget it. They will either choke you out, or load you up until you bail. There is no moving up there. There is no collaboration. There are no open ears to your ideas.

Be prepared to put in a lot of hours. There is no work/life balance. If you have a family and want to see them, don't even bother interviewing.

The CEO's favorite phrase is something like, "If you are uncomfortable with chaos then you don't belong here."

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up and stop chasing the almighty dollar. You are no longer a startup dotcom, you are a 10-year-old company. Act like one. And maybe go get some therapy.

Great for the newbie seeking experience but extreme caution for those who have experience.

Channel Account Manager (Current Employee) Austin, TX

I have been working at SolarWinds full-time for more than a year

Pros: - Lunch 2x week brought in (but they're skimping as of late) - Nimble, quick, organization that's growing fast - CEO is energetic -… Cons: - Sales Management is horrible - Don't take vacation it will only mean certain doom for your deals that are outstanding - Little to no advancement outside… Advice to Senior Management: The software is great - really. There isn't a need to give away deep margins to get an order today if a day later… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

One of the most rewarding jobs I have ever had.

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Austin, TX

I have been working at SolarWinds

Pros: Great management, competitive salary and benefits, great work environment, great city, very laid back style,… Cons: Slow advancement in company, lots of outside hires. Advice to Senior Management: Keep buying companies Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on SolarWinds.

Worked for SolarWinds? Contribute to the Community!