SolarWinds

www.solarwinds.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for SolarWinds

SW Developer

Current Employee - Software Developer in Brno (Czech Republic)
Current Employee - Software Developer in Brno (Czech Republic)

I have been working at SolarWinds

Pros

cool products, small teams, interesting work

Cons

Everything in SolarWinds is changing very quickly. You leave for two weeks and get back to a very different company :)

Most of the managers are great guys. Keep up the good job ;)

122 Other Employee Reviews for SolarWinds (View Most Recent)

Everything just makes sense.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at SolarWinds full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Wheels are always turning at this place, it's a truly refreshing atmosphere to be apart of. Everyone that I've interacted with is passionate about the work that they are doing.

All of the management I have interacted with seems to genuinely care about what's going on around them. The approach generally seems to be that they hired you for a reason, and they trust you to do what's best.

Some perks of the job:

•Office - Modern design, ample parking, onsite gym/cafeteria, plethora of free snacks

•Free Lunch on Tuesdays and Fridays

•Outstanding employee benefits

•Training

Cons

With SolarWinds being a larger company, processes are in place everywhere. I've found that it is sometimes difficult to find out how to do something here. I feel like the employee on-boarding could be refined to eliminate this confusion.

Please create more products organically. Every piece of software that the company has created is fantastic and offers a great value. It troubles me to see as many acquisitions as I do.

On the point of acquisitions, please make sure you are growing the products you purchase. I've seen so many softwares we have purchased slow to a screeching halt with development. I don't think SolarWinds should be satisfied with maintaining, it should be driving innovation. We should be industry leaders in every space that we are in.

A Beatdown

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at SolarWinds full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are windows and air conditioning. The building is nice and we're allowed to leave for lunch

Cons

A sales approach that was effective 15 years ago. Customer's purchasing processes have evolved but our sales approach hasn't. Social networking, emails, and relationship building are all shunned and management believes our dilapidated phones are the only tools we need to close deals. There are roughly 5 metrics you are measured against and I spend more time during the day trying to meet the ever changing goals than I do selling. My career is in sales and I'm passionate about what I do but this job isn't sales. We are pushy order takers and command 0 respect from prospects. If you are looking to become a complacent, fat and miserable excuse for a human then look no further.

Evolve sales processes to align with modern times and technological resources. Efficiency should be analyzed and it would be clear that busting balls through multiple phone calls isnt getting the job done nearly as effectively as allowing your sales team to be creative and drive deals through a multitude of other venues. 50-60 calls per day is the requirement. New Leads per Day = 1-5. Existing Pipeline = 20-40 opps To meet the call metrics you'd need to call every new lead, lead and opp on a daily basis. How does this model have a positive impact on customer experience and retention?

There are newer employer reviews for SolarWinds