Solers

www.solers.com

Poor Management

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsFounded by Bright Virginia Tech Grads Engineers with a Idea for a new product. They showed courage leaving their company to strike out on their own. They recruit some sharp people from VT which keeps the senior staff on their toes.

ConsMy Managers just didn't know how to give timely direct feedback. Instead, I always received feedback from my managers manager who I had never directly worked with. The feedback was vague unmeasurable comments with no clean quantifiable goals for improvement. A very strange way to manager and mentor employees!

Their work/life balance was also just out of balance.
On one occasion I volunteered to help out another group make a deadline by working Saturdays and Sundays. During that time I had to cancel a very important appointment that was on a Sunday because of work. Finally, I had no choice and couldn't put off the appointment any longer, and made it during the weekday. That was viewed as a non-team player think to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease keep in mind that most employees want to be given the chance to be part of the solution if given the chance. We appreciate honesty as to management intentions. Instead I saw employees treated as part of the problem and disposable.

Good if you are incompetent at managing people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Solers

Pros: -Salary -Benefits -Thats it This place doesn't have much good going for it. If you wanna be promoted… Cons: -Management -Promotions If you are incompetent then it is probably a good… Advice to Senior Management: Learn to give people promotions on quality not tenure. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Decent company - some managers better than others

Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Solers

Pros: Salary Quarterly 'mini review' and Bonus They pay for parking Decent office coffee… Cons: small company - if you have any problems at all, it's difficult to recover as there is little room to go. they don't share enough details… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the quarterly reviews and bonus. Watch out for allowing excessive power to… More
There are newer reviews on Solers.

Worked for Solers? Contribute to the Community!