There are newer employer reviews for Solid Cactus

Solid Cactus - 11th Best Places To Work in PA - Trying to Survive in a Bad Economy

Current Employee - Management in Shavertown, PA
Current Employee - Management in Shavertown, PA

I have been working at Solid Cactus

Pros

Solid Cactus is definitely the best place I've ever worked.

There are excellent opportunities for advancement and an open-door policy with management all the way up to the President.

Those coming to management with issues or problems with the company are charged with coming up with ideas to solve the problem encouraging employees to have even more extensive input into the operations process.

The company is also a fun environment where it is not uncommon to see impromptu nerf gun foam dart wars in programming or impromptu frisbee games in Marketing. Management understands that all work and no fun is unhealthy and causes high levels of stress.

The company has recently (within the last few weeks) undergone a total restructuring to improve efficiency.

During the recent economic downturn, regular messages are sent out from the owners about the financial position of the company, just so employees are kept informed. The Profit/Loss reports are available for any employee to view in order to solicit suggestions for increasing revenue and cutting unnecessary expenses.

Cons

If you're looking for an easy job where you come in 9 to 5 every day -- Solid Cactus is not for you.
If you can't survive in an atmosphere of rapid change, you're not going to last long here.
If you must question and challenge every decision that is made that you personally do not agree with, without researched justification of your objection - you'll need to change that. We don't tolerate complainers.

Employees are expected to adapt to change rapidly. Management should offer a workshop on working in that type of environment.

22 Other Employee Reviews for Solid Cactus (View Most Recent)

I Love Solid Cactus

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shavertown, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shavertown, PA

I have been working at Solid Cactus

Pros

Feedback from employees is considered. Laid-back working atmosphere. Employees are personally known by name. I have never worked for a company that goes out of its way for employees the way Solid Cactus does. Every company has its pros and cons, but Solid Cactus certainly has a lot of significant advantages as an employer.

Cons

Like many places, healthcare costs continue to rise.

Stay connected to your employees. Stay true to the mission that makes Solid Cactus a great place to work!

"treat others the way you would want to be treated"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Shavertown, PA
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Shavertown, PA

I have been working at Solid Cactus

Pros

This is a VERY professional environment with the most knowledgeable employees for the positions held. Solid Cactus only recruites the most qualified people for the positions held. If a stranger came in off the street, they wouldn't be able to distingish between the owners of Solid Cactus or the actual employees. We all work together (as a family) for the good of our customers and in turn, making the company a better environment for all those who choose to be employed at Solid Cactus.

Cons

I am sure, some people may not be use to being employed by such a dynamic company. Solid Cactus demands their employees be knowledgable and to treat other's the way they would want to be treated. I guess that some people aren't cut out to being treated fairly and that would definitely make it difficult to work for such a company. Solid Cactus is a GREAT place to work... "SHAME ON YOU", Solid Cactus owners for being fair to your employees and honest to a fault.

Keep your "open door" policy. Give options in order for staff to bring family members in to see our building, our offices and meet our co-workers, as well as, our senior management. Hey, we need an "OPEN HOUSE", some of us can't help but be proud of where we work.

There are newer employer reviews for Solid Cactus