Solid Cactus
www.solidcactus.com Shavertown, PA 150 to 499 Employees

Solid Cactus - 11th Best Places To Work in PA - Trying to Survive in a Bad Economy

Management (Current Employee)
Shavertown, PA

ProsSolid Cactus is definitely the best place I've ever worked.

There are excellent opportunities for advancement and an open-door policy with management all the way up to the President.

Those coming to management with issues or problems with the company are charged with coming up with ideas to solve the problem encouraging employees to have even more extensive input into the operations process.

The company is also a fun environment where it is not uncommon to see impromptu nerf gun foam dart wars in programming or impromptu frisbee games in Marketing. Management understands that all work and no fun is unhealthy and causes high levels of stress.

The company has recently (within the last few weeks) undergone a total restructuring to improve efficiency.

During the recent economic downturn, regular messages are sent out from the owners about the financial position of the company, just so employees are kept informed. The Profit/Loss reports are available for any employee to view in order to solicit suggestions for increasing revenue and cutting unnecessary expenses.

ConsIf you're looking for an easy job where you come in 9 to 5 every day -- Solid Cactus is not for you.
If you can't survive in an atmosphere of rapid change, you're not going to last long here.
If you must question and challenge every decision that is made that you personally do not agree with, without researched justification of your objection - you'll need to change that. We don't tolerate complainers.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are expected to adapt to change rapidly. Management should offer a workshop on working in that type of environment.

I Love Solid Cactus

I have been working at Solid Cactus

Pros: Feedback from employees is considered. Laid-back working atmosphere. Employees are personally known by name. I have never worked for a company that goes… Cons: Like many places, healthcare costs continue to rise. Advice to Senior Management: Stay connected to your employees. Stay true to the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

"treat others the way you would want to be treated"

Staff Accountant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Solid Cactus

Pros: This is a VERY professional environment with the most knowledgeable employees for the positions held. Solid Cactus only recruites the most qualified people for… Cons: I am sure, some people may not be use to being employed by such a dynamic company. Solid Cactus demands their employees be… Advice to Senior Management: Keep your "open door" policy. Give options in order for staff to bring family members in to see our building, our offices and meet… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Solid Cactus.

Worked for Solid Cactus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Solid Cactus reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Solid Cactus CEO David L. Brown (web.com). All reviews posted anonymously by Solid Cactus employees.