World Class Employer

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Shavertown, PA
Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Shavertown, PA

I have been working at Solid Cactus

Pros

As an industry leader we provide our Clients with quality products and services at competitive prices. We are the worlds largest preferred developer on the Yahoo! platform and have more Internet Retailer 500 Clients than any other developer. To date we have worked on almost 4,000 stores and also provide our clients with alternative solutions such as Amazon and eBay Pro Stores. We provide our employees with many perks and benefits that many other companies do not. In fact we have been voted "one of the best places to work in PA" several years running and been on the INC 500's fastest growing private companies in America list for the past several years also. Our ongoing committment to training and developing our Employees to help them succeed is second to none. Obviously we did not achieve these levels of success by mistreating our Clients or Employees. We believe that the way we treat our emloyees is a mirror of the way we treat our Clients and both are very well taken care of. Of course as such we expect our Employees to perform to the highest standards possible to achieve and sustain these levels of success. Difficult decisions sometimes have to be made and if an Employee does not live up to our standards and deliver excellence then they can not continue to work here. Sometimes those Employees express their lack of skills, knowledge and dedication as frustrating inaccurate comments about the companies shortcomings when in reality there is a valid and legitimate reason they do not work here anymore. Please look at the facts and the success of the company before judging what disgruntled Employees have to say. Solid Cactus - Proven Experience, Reliability, Innovative Products, World Class Service - Your total e-commerce solutions provider and partner in success. BTW, we're also one of the greatest places to work on the planet.

Cons

Dealing with Employees who are not committed to delivering excellence.

Advice to Management

Stay the course you're doing a great job !!!!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Solid Cactus is AWESOME

Current Employee - Happy Camper in Shavertown, PA
    Current Employee - Happy Camper in Shavertown, PA

I have been working at Solid Cactus

Pros

The best reasons to work here is simple" the people, the atmosphere, the ethics and most importantly the owners.

Cons

the only down side to working here is having to read about what disgruntled formers employees say. If they had any idea of what it is like to work in the 'corporate world' then they would know there is no such thing as 'free' anything for employees such as coffee or candy. As for the ice cream machine, there is not a day that goes by that no ice cream or milkshakes are bought. We love it!! And as for working and climbing the ladder that our beloved owners have accomplished , there is no reason why they do not go on long weekends whenever they see fit. Who is a former employee to complain about that - they are using their own hard earned money. I do feel better about venting - it is just that I have worked for more than half my life in the world and it bothers me when I see lazy, under achievers who have nothing better to do than waste company time and money to moan and groan about their own ineptitude. Grow up.

Advice to Management

keep up the great work and not listen to the comments that disgruntled co workers make.

It's not what you think.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shavertown, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shavertown, PA

I worked at Solid Cactus

Pros

The company is well respected among its peers as being an industry leader in website development.

Cons

Policies change frequently, managers are sometimes unaware of the CEO's changes until they are implemented, leading to confusion and dissatisfaction all around. Employees are encouraged to give feedback, as long as it's positive. There were two emails that I found exceptionally intereresting. One encouraged feedback and an open door policy, the next was cold, bitter and said that comments like one that had been received would surely have shown someone the door to find another job. Polar opposites. It's all about appearance. The appearance of happy employees (and we were encouraged strongly to submit entries for Best Places to Work) is key, even though compensation levels do not match up to industry standards. Free coffee was discontinued, and employees who balked were written up. Coffee is now available in the cafe that (at the time of this writing) did not have health department clearance, for 70 cents a cup. Security cameras, ice cream machines and the owner's weekly vacations were more important in a "tight economy" than allowing people to keep their jobs.

Advice to Management

Get a plan, stick to it. Pay people what they're worth. Hire someone to run the company- instead of the owner - who has no idea how to run a successful large scale business.

Solid Cactus Response

Oct 30, 2008 – President

Managers are aware of company policy changes before they happen. Managers have a weekly meeting with the VP Of Operations and the Executive team meets weekly go over notes from those meetings ... More