I Love Solid Cactus

I have been working at Solid Cactus

Pros

Feedback from employees is considered. Laid-back working atmosphere. Employees are personally known by name. I have never worked for a company that goes out of its way for employees the way Solid Cactus does. Every company has its pros and cons, but Solid Cactus certainly has a lot of significant advantages as an employer.

Cons

Like many places, healthcare costs continue to rise.

Advice to Management

Stay connected to your employees. Stay true to the mission that makes Solid Cactus a great place to work!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

"treat others the way you would want to be treated"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Shavertown, PA
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Shavertown, PA

I have been working at Solid Cactus

Pros

This is a VERY professional environment with the most knowledgeable employees for the positions held. Solid Cactus only recruites the most qualified people for the positions held. If a stranger came in off the street, they wouldn't be able to distingish between the owners of Solid Cactus or the actual employees. We all work together (as a family) for the good of our customers and in turn, making the company a better environment for all those who choose to be employed at Solid Cactus.

Cons

I am sure, some people may not be use to being employed by such a dynamic company. Solid Cactus demands their employees be knowledgable and to treat other's the way they would want to be treated. I guess that some people aren't cut out to being treated fairly and that would definitely make it difficult to work for such a company. Solid Cactus is a GREAT place to work... "SHAME ON YOU", Solid Cactus owners for being fair to your employees and honest to a fault.

Advice to Management

Keep your "open door" policy. Give options in order for staff to bring family members in to see our building, our offices and meet our co-workers, as well as, our senior management. Hey, we need an "OPEN HOUSE", some of us can't help but be proud of where we work.

Reasons why SOLID CACTUS is one of the BEST PLACES TO WORK IN PA

I have been working at Solid Cactus

Pros

There is a reason why Solid Cactus was ranked 11th Best Place to Work in PA in 2007, ranked in the Top 50 in 2006, and again in 2008. The owners really care about the employees. When looking for a new building due to the recent growth of the company, it was the owners that took a stand for the employee and said we do not want employees to incur the cost of parking. That was their basis for looking for a new place to work. It wasn't that the employees also would be offered amenities like the gym, cafe on premises, reduced prices on cafe items for the employees let alone a monthly employee allowance at the cafe, breakrooms on every floor, courtyard with picnic tables and a hammock, dual monitors on every desk that makes an employee even more productive, flexible schedule, days off when requested, ability to work from home in bad weather conditions if position allows for it, a very casual work environment meaning able to wear jeans to work, and the list goes on and on. Other amenities include top notch phone system, music system heard through the entire buidling, good management structure you normally would not find of companies of this size, open door policy to the owners, and meeting with the owner on every Thursday afternoon if you have an idea or suggestion to make Solid Cactus a better place to work. Solid Cactus is top notch and does nothing but the best for the employees. The fact remains after listing all those ammenities an employee has at Solid Cactus, the owners primary concern when we moved was the employee and where the employees would park.

Thanks Joe and Scott for everything you have done for us. It is appreciated by the employees.

Cons

There really is not a downside to working here. I've worked for several companies in the Wilkes-Barre area and this is the best of the best. .

Advice to Management

They are doing a great job in bad economic times.