There are newer employer reviews for Solid Cactus

"treat others the way you would want to be treated"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Shavertown, PA
Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Shavertown, PA

I have been working at Solid Cactus

Pros

This is a VERY professional environment with the most knowledgeable employees for the positions held. Solid Cactus only recruites the most qualified people for the positions held. If a stranger came in off the street, they wouldn't be able to distingish between the owners of Solid Cactus or the actual employees. We all work together (as a family) for the good of our customers and in turn, making the company a better environment for all those who choose to be employed at Solid Cactus.

Cons

I am sure, some people may not be use to being employed by such a dynamic company. Solid Cactus demands their employees be knowledgable and to treat other's the way they would want to be treated. I guess that some people aren't cut out to being treated fairly and that would definitely make it difficult to work for such a company. Solid Cactus is a GREAT place to work... "SHAME ON YOU", Solid Cactus owners for being fair to your employees and honest to a fault.

Advice to Management

Keep your "open door" policy. Give options in order for staff to bring family members in to see our building, our offices and meet our co-workers, as well as, our senior management. Hey, we need an "OPEN HOUSE", some of us can't help but be proud of where we work.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Solid Cactus a Creative, Vibrant, Forward-Thinking, Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Shavertown, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Shavertown, PA

I have been working at Solid Cactus

Pros

I've been at Solid Cactus going on two years as of this writing. I can't see myself working anywhere else. In an area like Northeast Pennsylvania where good jobs are slim, and creative/technology jobs are even slimmer, Solid Cactus is a gem of an employer. For my geographical location, I make a good living. Do technology jobs in San Francisco and New York City pay more? I'm sure of it. But I live here in Northeast PA and live comfortably. The atmosphere at Solid Cactus is pretty much amazing. We work in a remodeled former school building. The work areas are bright, vibrant and spacious. We have a gymnasium for ping pong and basketball and an on-site, employee subsidized cafe serving everything from homemade pizza, to hot meals and subs and salads... snacks, ice cream and frozen drinks too. Since the cafe opened, I actually find I am more production because I never leave the premises for lunch. All employees get an monthly allowance to use at the cafe, too. We have satellite radio pumping through the building which set a good mood. We have a laid back dress code- I love wearing jeans to work. I've never been a dress-up kind of girl! We have catered quarterly meetings where we are apprised of what's happening in each department and what's on the roadmap. For more daily communication between staff and with our clients, we have forums, department blogs and a monthly magazine. I have never worked in an environment that thrived on such creativity, where my ideas mattered. Employee ideas are encourage and often implemented. That says a lot to me. What employees do well is recognized. We have an employee of the month program, and additionally, if a client emails management with a compliment about an employee, it gets forwarded company-wide. Getting a glowing review for a job well-done from a client is a great feeling-- but getting those words shared with the whole company is even better! Solid Cactus does some great things for the clients and community as well. We publish a bi-monthly e-commerce magazine and host semi-annual e-commerce boot camps, both of which all staff are encouraged to write/present to share their own expertise and knowledge. Staff in general at Solid Cactus are encouraged to be involved. For the community, we've implemented a Cactus Cares Fund. Employees can choose to have a donation withheld from their paycheck each week to go into the fund. Contributors once per quarter nominate a non-profit and then the staff votes and money is awarded at the quarterly staff meetings. We've donated thousands of dollars to some really great organizations. We've adopted the road our company is located on and are doing our first clean-up soon. The list continues. Solid Cactus attracts a certain kind of employee, so most of the staff here gets a long very well. I love coming in to work each day. When I've traveled for the company, I missed being here. Outside of working hours, I have become great friends with my coworkers here and have in general gained a tremendous amount of respect for so many people here, superiors and peers alike. A few of us even created a Solid Cactus book club, where we read the same book and meet to discuss. Like any growing company, things change with growth. For example, some of the perks we enjoyed when we were just a few dozen people, such as free breakfast and candy, are no longer. It is the case at most growing companies, its commonplace for things to constantly evolve- choices usually made for the better of the company, for the sustainability of the company. The one great thing about the company growing is that there is plenty of room for advancement. I've seen many of my colleagues go from worker bee to being in charge of a department-- maybe even a newly created department. It's certainly an exciting time for e-commerce and an exciting time for Solid Cactus. I often work at home after work, come in on weekends and work late-- and I am not alone. I only called off one day during almost two years. My last sentence alone should be all anyone needs to hear to know how much I love working for Solid Cactus.

Cons

After everything I said above, I really don't know what I would say for a downside.

Advice to Management

I pretty much said it all above.

2. Solid Cactus - Standing Together

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shavertown, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shavertown, PA

I have been working at Solid Cactus

Pros

Solid Cactus has proven time and again that they are here for their employees. There is an open door policy with regards to management. I always feel free to share ideas and opinions and while they may not always be implemented they are listened to and thought about. Everyone supports each other and the employees are always accepting of one another's success. There are emails that are sent company wide from one employee praising another with a "Great job" or "I couldn't have done this without you."

Cons

While I agree that we work long hours, it's recognized. The higher ups see who puts in the extra 10% to get a job done well.

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice or feedback. I trust them to make decisions that are good for the company and the employees.