There are newer employer reviews for Solid Cactus

Good enough place to work

Former Employee - Laid Off Employee  in  Wilkes Barre, PA
Former Employee - Laid Off Employee in Wilkes Barre, PA

I worked at Solid Cactus

Pros

I worked in the call center so my experience may be different than those at the technology center:

One of the things I enjoyed about Cactus was the closeness of team members. Everyone was very open and you could always count on having a smiling face to say hello to. Also, I always felt respected by my immediate supervisor.

Working with so many clients who sold a variety of products was good because all of them were different in how they wanted calls handled as well. This will definitely prepare me for working with several personalities in the future.

Cons

One of the biggest things I did not like about the call center was the lack of an appropriate break. Two fifteen minute breaks did not feel like long enough in the day. Plus your other not ready time was watched almost TOO closely. I felt micro managed at times. Not a way to run any company.

Less micromanagement

22 Other Employee Reviews for Solid Cactus (View Most Recent)

SOLID CACTUS LEADS THE WAY!

Current Employee - Business Office  in  Shavertown, PA
    Current Employee - Business Office in Shavertown, PA

I have been working at Solid Cactus

Pros

The overall job experience working for Solid Cactus for over the past four years has been a very tremendous learning experience. Having been with the company when there were less then thirty employees and now with over 100 says alot about this company.

Cons

There are no downsides to working at Solid Cactus.

The Executive Team that was established at Solid Cactus over the past 1.5 years has shown that it can take Solid Cactus to the next level.

Solid Cactus - 11th Best Places To Work in PA - Trying to Survive in a Bad Economy

Current Employee - Management  in  Shavertown, PA
    Current Employee - Management in Shavertown, PA

I have been working at Solid Cactus

Pros

Solid Cactus is definitely the best place I've ever worked.

There are excellent opportunities for advancement and an open-door policy with management all the way up to the President.

Those coming to management with issues or problems with the company are charged with coming up with ideas to solve the problem encouraging employees to have even more extensive input into the operations process.

The company is also a fun environment where it is not uncommon to see impromptu nerf gun foam dart wars in programming or impromptu frisbee games in Marketing. Management understands that all work and no fun is unhealthy and causes high levels of stress.

The company has recently (within the last few weeks) undergone a total restructuring to improve efficiency.

During the recent economic downturn, regular messages are sent out from the owners about the financial position of the company, just so employees are kept informed. The Profit/Loss reports are available for any employee to view in order to solicit suggestions for increasing revenue and cutting unnecessary expenses.

Cons

If you're looking for an easy job where you come in 9 to 5 every day -- Solid Cactus is not for you.
    If you can't survive in an atmosphere of rapid change, you're not going to last long here.
    If you must question and challenge every decision that is made that you personally do not agree with, without researched justification of your objection - you'll need to change that. We don't tolerate complainers.

Employees are expected to adapt to change rapidly. Management should offer a workshop on working in that type of environment.

There are newer employer reviews for Solid Cactus

Worked for Solid Cactus? Contribute to the Community!