Needs a union!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shavertown, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shavertown, PA

Pros

Standard PTO Time off if your pet dies

Cons

No raises, ever No room for advancement Benefits are terrible Communication is unheard of

Advice to Management

Management is too interested in giving themselves raises. What is wrong has been brought to them many times and has fallen on deaf ears. We are seeing our fellow employees walking right out the door and not looking back. How many more good people are going to follow?

Other Employee Reviews for Solid Cactus

1. Solid Cactus is one of the best places to work in Pennsylvania.

Former Employee - Manager of Technical Support in Shavertown, PA
    Former Employee - Manager of Technical Support in Shavertown, PA

Pros

Relax friendly atmosphere. Fun, challenging and satisfying work. Diversified employee population. Very innovative in the field, ahead of its competitors.

Cons

Long hours, small company, too local when it comes to working locations. Less than exemplary benefits for employees with families.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, going in the right direction. Solid Cactus has the potential to mature into a fortune 500 company.

2. Good enough place to work

Former Employee - Laid Off Employee in Wilkes Barre, PA
    Former Employee - Laid Off Employee in Wilkes Barre, PA

Pros

I worked in the call center so my experience may be different than those at the technology center: One of the things I enjoyed about Cactus was the closeness of team members. Everyone was very open and you could always count on having a smiling face to say hello to. Also, I always felt respected by my immediate supervisor. Working with so many clients who sold a variety of products was good because all of them were different in how they wanted calls handled as well. This will definitely prepare me for working with several personalities in the future.

Cons

One of the biggest things I did not like about the call center was the lack of an appropriate break. Two fifteen minute breaks did not feel like long enough in the day. Plus your other not ready time was watched almost TOO closely. I felt micro managed at times. Not a way to run any company.

Advice to Management

Less micromanagement