There are newer employer reviews for Solo Cup

Leading by example

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Solo Cup full-time

Pros

Hardworking, friendly hourly workers. Some talented management. DART has taken over and will certainly shake things up which will no doubt force some old thinking out the door.

Cons

Talented management is stifled by peer managers and are not willing to stick their neck out for something they believe in. The bar is set very low and is often not reached. management does not empower their supervisors or hourlys to contribute to improvement. It all starts at the top and the top doesnt expect very much

Expect more out of yourself and your subordinates. Roll with the punches because without change you are already being out produced by Asia and other producers int he US.

103 Other Employee Reviews for Solo Cup (View Most Recent)

long term job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Solo Cup

Pros

steady job ok pay two weeks vaction in first year 9 payed holidays a year. insurance is ok I pay less then a lot of others.

Cons

the company just got bought by dart container do know what will happen. lean manufacturing is the companys way to do things

vestar bk solocup shouldn't of bought sweetheart lost all your money and the company your father make robert H is a

The other people on the floor is the only thing that makes working at Solo tolerable

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Ada, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ada, OK

I have been working at Solo Cup

Pros

good people work there, that is the best reason. I have made many friends there. short commute. The benefits are decent.

Cons

Management. nobody ever tells you when you do a good job but when you make a mistake, everybody is there getting mad at you. work environment sucks. no morale. too much favortism. Its just not a good place to work.

Treat everyone fairly and have some common decency. You gotta give respect to get it. If I do something wrong, come tell me, dont send someone else to tell me.

There are newer employer reviews for Solo Cup

Worked for Solo Cup? Contribute to the Community!