SolomonEdwardsGroup

www.solomonedwards.com
  www.solomonedwards.com
There are newer employer reviews for SolomonEdwardsGroup

Very good place to work with decent opportunities but may have to leave for serious advancement.

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX

I have been working at SolomonEdwardsGroup

Pros

Progressive firm with its sights set on having more than $100 million in revenues across consulting and recruiting. Overall good management and leadership.

Cons

Upper and local management can move slowly on making decisions and investing in employees. It is important that you can learn fast and figure things out.

It would be nice to see more investment in more formally developing employees and providing roles for them to step up into and to have more home-grown leadership.

29 Other Employee Reviews for SolomonEdwardsGroup (View Most Recent)

It's a challenging job and a challenging environment but overall they empower you to succeed.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SolomonEdwardsGroup

Pros

There is a relatively good work/life balance and they have a solid reputation so there is strong access to clients to further business development. SolomonEdwardsGroup also does an excellent job of recruiting talent so there is no lack of intellectual capital.

Cons

If you're not close to senior management it's harder to gain recognition.

Don't be afraid to to spend on resources.

It was a very short, laborious position; A 5 year old could have done the job..

Current Employee - Data Entry (Typist) Temp  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Data Entry (Typist) Temp in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SolomonEdwardsGroup

Pros

- Possibility of a Temp-to-Perm position with benefits and stable pay
    - Experience; if projects last a few months
    - An okay start for current HS/College students
    - Pay was good considering how easy the job was.. I was paid 11.50 per hour

Cons

- Projects (contracts) usually lasted only a one week; maybe two
    - You will be discontinued if your hours exceed 40 per week (obligation to medical benefits etc..)
    - No clear response as to whether a permanent position will ever become available to you
    - Practically slave labor; no special recognition (such as a recommendation) whatsoever except a "Thanks.."
    - You are basically helping lazy employees do their job at various companies. Things they really don't want to do so they pay you to do it because "you are desperate"
    - Big waste of time and effort....

My advice would be to stop acting like you are better than the applicants; because you too and become just like us at any given time. Also, do not use people like they are just good for slave labor and never give them the opportunity as a permanent hire.. It is not fair to us because after that 1 or 2 week long project is over, what do we do now? We're back to the drawing board and its not right. I honestly think you should be sued and put out of business.. Period.

There are newer employer reviews for SolomonEdwardsGroup

Worked for SolomonEdwardsGroup? Contribute to the Community!