Solstice Sunglass Boutiques

There are newer employer reviews for Solstice Sunglass Boutiques

Great place to work

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques full-time for more than a year

Pros

Corporate doesn't micromanage. Good base pay. Biggest selection of sunglasses in the mall. You're empowered to do what is right for the customer, even if it isn't necessarily company policy.

Cons

They always find ways to take away the bonuses. They don't give you a break down of your commission and bonus, so you just have to trust them. They are frequently wrong or paid late. Communications seem like they are written for elementary school students. What is it about Corporations that make them talk to employee's like children. TOOOOOO MAAAANNNNYYYYY FORRRMMMS!

Break down our bonuses. Stop splitting up our bonuses. If we make our month, give us the bonus!

54 Other Employee Reviews for Solstice Sunglass Boutiques (View Most Recent)

Good experience

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Amazing discount - friendly team - very little corporate visits

Cons

This company does not promote store managers to district managers - poor communication from corporate to the stores -no marketing - high turn over of corporate leaders including DMs and RMs- and the IT department - And the merchandising team - thought this young company was experiencing growing pains when I first started - turns out it's just horrible leadership! Lots of monthly reports to submit that are redundant and useless - no HR support - I can go on and on - if you love sunglasses take the job and get your collection then leave - this is all this company is good for

Start listening to the store managers they are at the front line of your $$$$$$$ .. Replenish product faster ! You are losing big money on not have merchandise ! Actually this company will never get it !!

Solstice Sunglass Boutiques, Insight

Former Employee - Keyholder  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Keyholder in New York, NY

I worked at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company offered a great selection of sunglasses.

Cons

The company lacked many business ethics including, laying a team oriented foundation; training staff on product knowledge, brand awareness, professional etiquette; and, the focus to customer service, customer retention and client relations. In many occasions, I had to contact customers to apologize for the 'teams' behavior and their insulting comments and/or actions. The management did not provide enough training to distinguishing price vs. value and most importantly, the 'team' lacked to work together.

You must ameliorate these issues to to win the satisfactory of both, employees and customers.

There are newer employer reviews for Solstice Sunglass Boutiques

Worked for Solstice Sunglass Boutiques? Contribute to the Community!