excellent learning experience

Former Employee - High Performance Relief Operator in Trenton, MI
Former Employee - High Performance Relief Operator in Trenton, MI

I worked at Solutia

Pros

Pay was excellent, benefits were really great and the company was pretty flexible with work home life. Management was supportive in work situations and out side of work situations as well.

Cons

You work a very hard swing shift, long hours and lots of overtime...the place is unionized which is positive but Solutia is very smart and know loopholes around union contract policies.

Advice to Management

I would suggest to pay close attention to workforce during downtime, a lot can be accomplished during that time. Also bring back the Trenton, MI plant because A. we need jobs and B. the green energy boom is hitting here in Michigan so the photovoltaic product would bring profit and the shipping cost issue would pay for itself.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I have learned how to overcome many obstacles in the face of adversity.

Current Employee - Operator in Anniston, AL
    Current Employee - Operator in Anniston, AL

I have been working at Solutia

Pros

The work schedule is very accommodating for young working families. Solutia also provides doors for people that want to pursue next level business opportunities for the future. Solutia is a very solid company to work for in today's job market.

Cons

The number one downside at my Solutia job site is that there are to many management - employee blood relationships, which causes management to make counter productive and unequal business decisions based on feelings rather than facts. This at many times creates an unsafe and hostile atmosphere on the job site between employees and some members of management.

Advice to Management

I wise man once said that true favoritism is earned not by favor but fitness (MLK JR.), in saying this I believe that each employee should be looked at by the content of their whole character plus their ability to perform a job safely with a high set of quality standards during the quantity of work hours permitted, not merely by just getting the job done with a quantity not quality job mentality.

2. satisfied

Current Employee - Warehouse in Anniston, AL
    Current Employee - Warehouse in Anniston, AL

I have been working at Solutia

Pros

family type atmosphere with great potential

Cons

too much favoritsm......not all pull their weight......too many family members...you are expected to give 110 percent above and beyond......but the upper management are not quick to say thanks or good job., unless you are one of the chosen few.........some can get away with whatever and whenever........when hiring, seek out advice on potential employees and put an end to the good ole boy network

Advice to Management

Treat all equal and fairly......reward good performance......communication is a two way street....upper management should look at you, not down at you