Solution Beacon

Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Solution Beacon

OK

I have been working at Solution Beacon

Pros

great reputation, solid knowledge base and expertise

Cons

continue to establish name recognition

none

6 Other Employee Reviews for Solution Beacon (View Most Recent)

The company is dedicated to the Oracle end user community

Former Contractor - Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Former Contractor - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Solution Beacon as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Marketing and Consultants. I was always treated respectfully and enjoyed working for the company.

Cons

Financial position has suffered in the last few years.

Questionable commitment to subcontractors and employees

Current Contractor - Oracle Applications Consultant
    Current Contractor - Oracle Applications Consultant

I have been working at Solution Beacon as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

There have been some really good people work for Solution Beacon over the years including a couple or few that still remain.
    The company has produced some nice white papers to be used in the Oracle Financials and Oracle HRMS user communities.
    Solution Beacon has brand recognition in the Oracle industry.

Cons

- If you are considering working for Solution Beacon, you must weigh the odds of whether or not Solution Beacon will honor their agreement to pay you as a subcontractor. Sometimes they will. Sometimes they don't.
    - Our most recent subcontractor performed quality work which was accepted and paid by Solution Beacon's end-client to Solution Beacon.
    - It has been nearly one year since completion of work. We are only talking about a few thousand dollars not paid! We are aware of other consultants in industry who have not been paid substantial amounts that greatly exceed our amount.
    - The irony is we are a friend to Solution Beacon and have been for years. Solution Beacon had always paid us and our consultants had always represented them well. But we can't even earn a simple acknowledgement.

We wish well at Solution Beacon and believe you can turn things around! Consider writing something to your partners like, "Dear <insert subcontractor name>, We value you as a partner to Solution Beacon and thank you for your top quality work. We apologize for our failure to acknowledge your phone calls or emails over the past year. We can't change our past mistakes but we aim to do the right thing now. Yes, we have experienced financial difficulties due to <insert reasons>. We plan to fully pay you for your work. Our hope is to accomplish this by <insert date>. If we experience further delays, we commit to communicating with you. Please work with us again as we attempt to re-build our once proud organization!"

There are newer employer reviews for Solution Beacon