SolutionStream

www.solutionstream.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for SolutionStream

Awesome company, great opportunities!

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Lehi, UT
Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SolutionStream

Pros

Custom software development is a challenging and rewarding industry if you have the tools, support and leadership. SolutionStream absolutely has it. Having sold for several technology firms prior, I can attest that the work is hard, your expected to deliver, but the company gives you all the tools and support to do so. Their reputation in the community is also very high.

Cons

The only challenge is that you actually have nothing to sell ;) But that's also a benefit, you get to see clients dreams go from concept to reality. Many of the systems we've built started on nothing but a concept on a napkin to multi-million dollar firms.

Expanding operations is the next step. With the talent we have and the results we garner, SolutionStream can truly become a software powerhouse.

15 Other Employee Reviews for SolutionStream (View Most Recent)

Family friendly and flexible, but a bit of a mess

I have been working at SolutionStream full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Solution Stream is very supportive of flexible schedules and remote work to allow employees to make their families a priority.
    Getting paid for hours over 40 is awesome!
    Interesting projects and getting to work with some of the newest technologies

Cons

If you are working Staff Aug, there is a feeling of real disconnect from the rest of the company.
    There is a complete lack of set process in the sales and development process which often leads to the sales dept making promises that development cant deliver on. On bigger projects, management doesnt have a clear path for how to manage the project.
    No long term career path
    Compensation is mediocre and other than PTO, benefits are too.

Figure out a way to make Staff Aug employees feel more engaged
    Give me a reason to stay here long term
    Make the mid level management team more meaningful
    Develop some solid process so there is consistency in Solution Stream managed projects.

SolutionStream: > 1 year, well run company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SolutionStream full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have been at SolutionStream over a year now. This is a well run consulting firm with over 100 senior level software engineers.

A few of the culture events that they provide:
    Monthly Birthday BBQ
    Annual Lagoon Day for all immediate family (> 450 ppl)
    Crazy gift give away during the holidays, this is the time the company really goes all out to show it's thanks to their employees based on the amount of time you have been there. I think they gave over 20 big screen TV's alone!
    Holiday party for employee and significant other, typically in January after the craziness is over.
    Periodic Halo/game nights, where all the Big screen TV's in different rooms are linked and the battle begins.

The facility is kept up and nice, they are currently out of space and looking for a building to add in downtown salt lake.

You get paid for all the hours you work.

They are honest

Cons

This is a pure consulting company, their is a chance that you will be put on an account that is not the most enjoyable and they might be quite critical and demanding. The good part is that it won't last forever, a new account is always around the corner.

Management are doing the best they can, this company runs very "hot" or all the developers are billing to clients all the time. Practice managers are developed from within but never really given any training on how to deal with the philological part of their responsibilities. Some training would be helpful.

There are newer employer reviews for SolutionStream