Soma Intimates

Fantastic!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Soma Intimates full-time

Pros

• Product: Seamless, Timeless, Comfortable, Durable, Reasonably priced.
• Soma believes in the “client intimacy policy/approach”, Our Customers are first.

Cons

The Company is growing so fast, enabling the insertion tools, processes & people in place as fast as the growth.

I love working for this company, more in particular my manager. There is empowerment to make decisions/actions & to run “your” business. She promotes teamwork by looking at the bigger picture & to think for yourself, making your job a rewarding, yet challenging/educational, place to work everyday. It is a learning environment with huge growth potential. And the rewards that Chico’s offers for associates/mgmt. is incredible. As a company, I am amazed by the input/feedback that the corporate executives want from their field team. More importantly, & overall, I love my job! That satisfaction is addictive, creating an environment where clients & employees want to be!

154 Other Employee Reviews for Soma Intimates (View Most Recent)

Wonderful Products and Great Customer Service

Current Employee - Part Time Associate in Roseville, CA
    Current Employee - Part Time Associate in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Soma Intimates

Pros

They hired me though I had no similar retail experience in apparel at all. I felt I was throughly trained and store management was patient and helpful while I was learning. Very positive environment with an emphasis on providing excellent customer service. The product: bras, panties, sleep and lounge wear, is very well constructed, usually in superior fabric and has a generous fit. I have been proud to be a part of this company.

Employees get a great discount and periodically receive free items. I received free bra and panties when I was hired.

The bonuses are on individual transactions that are over certain dollar amounts. Not fantastic, but better than zero.

Cons

Unbalanced emphasis on getting customers to tell us their email addresses. This is kept track of every day, per associate and for the total store. We are each informed upon reporting to work how far away we are each from being at 100%, and it's a serious talking-to that is demeaning. If you had two new customers yesterday, and you managed to get one to sign up for the email newsletter, but failed to get the other, you're at 50%, and anything under 80% is unacceptable. Never mind if you had an awesome shift with 10 great transactions and unheard of total sales and perhaps even great praise from the customers, you're at 50% and you need to get serious about getting those emails (like, "what's the matter with you?). It doesn't matter the you failed to get the email address due to the fact that the customer claimed to not have an email address, or was visiting the US from another country, or was unable to understand English well enough to understand your questions. This is a very negative situation where the employee is set up to fail and ultimately has to stupidly answer, "I'll do better at it today, I promise," when it was out of her hands to begin with.

Due to the unreasonable emphasis on capturing emails, I have almost completely lost respect for upper management, or whoever is in a position to put a stop to this madness. I understand how important it is to capture emails, but it is certainly not fair to take it out of my hide, and to attempt to make me apologize and grovel over the truth--not everyone is going to give you their email address and that is their right to choose not to. You are creating an unreasonable environment in the store; between the store management and the sales associates with the demeaning, crazy taking-tos, and a tense and uncomfortable experience for the customer while the associate desperately tries to convince her to hand over her private information. You, management, seem unintelligent to not consider how degrading and demeaning it feels to be treated as though you're too stupid to do something that is so simple. Anytime you create a situation where the truth does not matter ("she didn't speak English," "she's elderly and doesn't have an email," "she doesn't want to receive emails from us despite the $10 off coupon") you, management, come across as cruel and barbaric. By putting the burden on the lowly employee who is utterly helpless to capture an email for EVERY customer, instead of perhaps offering an incentive that is irresistible to the customer, or rewarding us for the emails we do manage to get, you are giving those of us who are out there at the ground level physically representing the company name with every word we utter and gesture we make, that we are not valued by you at all.

Be prepared to market and sell to the customer.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Soma Intimates

Pros

Co-workers are very pleasant and helpful

Cons

Stress to meet sales goal

Flexibiility