There are newer employer reviews for Soma Intimates

Wonderful job!!

Current Employee - Boutique Manager in Reno, NV
Current Employee - Boutique Manager in Reno, NV

I have been working at Soma Intimates full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Beautiful product, great bonus program, fantastic people to work with and corporate team that is extremely passionate. If you work hard and see the vision of why the company runs they way it does you can grow and be promoted.

I was recruited and was very impressed with the passion that the recruiter, District Manager and Regional Manager had for the brand. I was sent right away to a week long training at the corporate office. The experience was incredible. I was able to meet all the corporate partners before my store was opened. I am in a remote store 3000 miles away from the corporate offices so this was a wonderful experience getting to meet the corporate team right away. This is not the experience I have had in other companies.

Cons

Base salary is lower then competitors, very strict no OT rules, but that is why they can afford to reward employees with a very lucrative bonus structure.

I have no advice. Great company to work for.

reviews filtered by

DMs have insane expectations and expect instand success in s downtrending store

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Soma Intimates full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great Product - great training program - Campus is a great experience with upbeat positive vibes -

Cons

DMs are not upbeat and positive - they are negative and bullying - they beat you down and make you feel like you have no control in running your store - If you dont trust someone to run the business why hire them - seriously give people a chance to show you what they can do before you beat them into quitting - Home office made it seem like a great place to work - then the work started and I cant wait to leave!!!!!!!!!!

stop bullying people and micromanaging your store managers - they are managers they earned it let them do their job without questioning every move - if you want the store run your way and only your way dont hire a store manager - DMs have unreal expectations and expect immediate turnaround in stores once you take over -

???

I have been working at Soma Intimates

Pros

When the Brand first start under the leadership of the Gralnicks, this was an amazing Company to work for. Those days and that leadership are, unfortunately, long gone.

Cons

Dyer was brought in to turn the Company around and bring the stock value back to its glory days. He has yet to accomplish that. In addition, under his leadership, the trickle down effect has created an abusive and bullying environment. If he doesn't encourage that form of leadership and management, then it is his responsibility to be aware that that is what is going on and should be stopping it by taking action and terminating those that are guilty with ramifications for continued abusive behavior. It's blatantly obvious that this management style is rampant throughout the Company given the postings on this website.

As a shareholder, I am vastly disappointed in the time it is taking to bring the stock value back up and the tactics used to try to accomplish that.

There are newer employer reviews for Soma Intimates