Soma Intimates

www.soma.com
  www.soma.com
There are newer employer reviews for Soma Intimates

Good place to learn a beginning level of entrepreneurship.

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Aurora, IL
Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Aurora, IL

I worked at Soma Intimates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Small boutique environment, good place for young women to learn how to run a retail store and to create relationships with other businesses. Competitive enough to learn some sales techniques to keep it interesting. Also, enables associates to learn how to build relationships with the customers.

Cons

Higher end price point is sometimes harder to sell, although presents more of a challenge, depending on the the market the store is located in. A lot of the store management would go out and party together, so if that wasn't your scene, you were the odd man out and not in the loop when it came to promotions. Low salary and given the impression that you should be thankful you were getting paid anything at all (don't ask for a raise.) Drama. Drama. Drama.

Start rewarding your sales teams with better wages and salaries. Supply must meet demand in order to meet your daily sales goals. Don't put a boutique with higher price points in a location which is known to be a value shopper. This just sets your sales team up for disappointment in production as well as in pay. No wonder the location I worked at had almost 100% turnover rate!

154 Other Employee Reviews for Soma Intimates (View Most Recent)

Unbearable miserable

I worked at Soma Intimates

Pros

I've met some great people that I've worked with. Discount is just ok. With some of the price points it still comes out to be too expensive.

Cons

The company as a whole is a joke. The micromanaging is completely unbearable. Sign offs on if you put a sign up correctly and dms checking to make sure you've done the schedule to their liking. Most of us have been in management for years, if we can't be trusted to write a schedule without it being double checked, what are we doing here? District managers will blatantly ignore you if they don't want to deal with the problem regardless if the problem is serious or not. Good luck getting a response back. The company's product has gone severely down in even just a few years. The vanishing back bras fall apart in a few months, the cool nights have gotten rougher to the touch and I can't begin to tell you how many items have come with loose threads, straps sewn on wrong, or even the size being misspelled on the tag.

Please listen to your employees when they tell you something is wrong in their store and don't just give them the company line. Lay off the appointments or at least advertise that we offer them. Why is it that the company on their Facebook page tells customers they don't need an appointment but yet we're held responsible in the store for making appointments? Every store does not have the same problems so treating them as the same is not making a difference. Make your employees feel valued. All I've felt when I worked here was belittled, misguided and incredibly stressed. The company should take a look at their "values and guiding principles" and actually practice what they preach.

It was an okay experience.

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I worked at Soma Intimates full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Employees were friendly. Discounts were good.

Cons

Upper management were unorganized and such.

There are newer employer reviews for Soma Intimates