Sonic Automotive

There are newer employer reviews for Sonic Automotive

Very Top- Down

Former Employee - F&I Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - F&I Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Sonic Automotive full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people and excellent training program. Direct Managers genuinely cares about you and your success.

Cons

Many to list. We'll start with its a very Top-Down company. What ever executives say goes and most or all managers will not get in their way or they'll lose their job. It's very sales and performance driven and it's always about today and not what you accomplished yesterday. Company isn't going anywhere and they let go a lot of good people!

You guys are soo worried about money and chasing profits that employee welfare is last on your list. Some high performing reps aren't alway ethical and if you run your company with savages, ready to kill for a promotion or profit, then the company is no better than a zoo!

52 Other Employee Reviews for Sonic Automotive (View Most Recent)

Management has no Clue whats happening at the dealerships! As long as reports are ok upper Management Is Happy!!

Current Employee - Salesperson in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Salesperson in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Sonic Automotive full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good Structure ! Policies and guidelines are good until the GM or The GSM follows it! Not fakes it in the eye of RVPs and Upper Management!

Cons

Most of The dealerships are run by the GM and GSM and upper management has no clue what's going on in the dealerships! Their main force that produce for sonic are the sales people and they get treated like slaves, servents ,Low class people!!! Management blames them
    For everything! As if the Managers are perfect! Human being!! Who don't do mistakes at all!!

Get close to the people who produce for you! Make them happy! You company will go far higher then where it is now!
    Need help get in touch with me and take some ideas!
    Zalevohan@gmail.com

Sonic Automotive is a joke!!

Current Employee - Salesperson in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Salesperson in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Sonic Automotive full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

NONE...well maybe if you want to make good living. That means you have to live at the dealership. I have my own refrigerator and microwave in my office. No kidding....70 hours a week. I am in sales.

Cons

Underpaid for what we do. Overpaid for ALL managers!! They do not care about the employee at all. Promote from within??? In 4 years, they promoted 1 guy to manager while they hired from outside 5 managers!! Did I mention no body care about the lowly employee? Low morale and very defensive employees because every hate their job but no one want to leave for fear of no job.

Get a clue to how the dealer is being run. They sit in their nice office at corporate and don't have the slightest idea how a dealership is being run and how unhappy the employees are.

There are newer employer reviews for Sonic Automotive