Sonic Automotive
www.sonicautomotive.com Charlotte, NC 5000+ Employees

I would have to agree with previous posts

Service (Current Employee)
Plymouth, MI

ProsIt's hard to find many pros, three weeks vacation and three sick days is nice, some really good people have worked here, but they have pushed them out.

ConsCan't run a dealer from out of state. Need to listen to local employees. Customer service is sacrificed due to there polices. If you are not in the "inner circle" it will be difficult. Inability to understand local markets and adapt to them. Walmart doesn't sell winter coats in Key West and bikinis at the North Pole.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are that unhappy with Michigan, "SELL US" so the rest of us can be saved!

The last place you'd want to work...

Receptionist (Current Employee)
    Calabasas, CA

I have been working at Sonic Automotive full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: They will hire anyone who can pass a drug and… Cons: They really don't care about the regular employee, it's ALL… Advice to Senior Management: Try to be human and think past your paycheck, the profits and the shareholders. We are real people, wanting to make a living and are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Positive forward thinking company

Finance Manager (Former Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

I worked at Sonic Automotive full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Treat Managers and above well. Cons: Entry level associates find a raise difficult Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Sonic Automotive.

Worked for Sonic Automotive? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sonic Automotive reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sonic Automotive CEO O. Bruton Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Sonic Automotive employees.