Sonic Automotive
www.sonicautomotive.com Charlotte, NC 5000+ Employees

The Best Place Not To Work

Service Adviser (Current Employee)
Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Sonic Automotive

ProsNot much to say here. The only pro that comes to mind is the amount that the company eats to provide a halfway decent benefits package to its employees.

ConsPoor work life balance, greedy management, promotions based on numbers instead of leadership ability, hostile work environment, management that pits employees against each other.

Advice to Senior ManagementHypocrisy is a cardinal sin. The executives have pipe dreams about Sonic being one of the best company's to work and shop. However, they seem to completely disregard employee complaints about store level management, policies, and procedures. Store level management has created a very unhealthy work environment.

The Automotive Industry is tough and is only recommended for those who doesn't have a degree

Finance Manager (Current Employee)
Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Sonic Automotive

Pros: Its a corporate environment where you can easily move from one dealership to another if you are not… Cons: Long hours and the commission structure is not as as… Advice to Senior Management: They need to value their employees by recognizing their hard work. The long hours are strenuous and the working every weekend will take a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Scott Smith is taking Sonic in a new Direction

Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Sonic Automotive

Pros: Scott Smith, the President of Sonic. He has consistently backed up his own words to "do the right thing" and I truly believe he… Cons: Long hours and not all General Managers have taken on Scott's attitude towards their employees. … Advice to Senior Management: Get your General Managers to buy in to your beliefs or replace them with people that do. Stop raising the bar on GM salaries.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Sonic Automotive.

Worked for Sonic Automotive? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sonic Automotive reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sonic Automotive CEO O. Bruton Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Sonic Automotive employees.