Pretty Average overall I'd have to say

Current Employee - Car Hop in Platte City, MO
Current Employee - Car Hop in Platte City, MO

I have been working at Sonic part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really think the Food tastes great

Cons

I'm paid a pittance. And I'm really sick of it.

Advice to Management

Stop smoking out the back and pay me more money!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Busy

Current Employee - Car Hop in Ottumwa, IA
    Current Employee - Car Hop in Ottumwa, IA

I have been working at Sonic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Half price food while working.

Cons

Probation pay is only 6.35 per hour for the first 3 months. Then it's just minimum wage.

2. A simply but tiring job.

Current Employee - CarHop in Nowata, OK
    Current Employee - CarHop in Nowata, OK

I have been working at Sonic part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Great starting job for highschoolers. -Half price food while on the clock -Gain many simple but essential job skills -Can skate on the job -Tips can be great boon if you are a carhop. Can easily make at least $20 a day in tips during the night shift, even more during the day.

Cons

-Don't expect great pay, and if you want a raise you will have to fight for it (if you get them at all.) In fact, during the five years I worked there I experienced a pay CUT. (The cut was across the board.) -You will be expected to buy parts of your uniform. Worksafe shoes, and pants specifically. -Constant tiring work in a variety of weather conditions. (if a carhop) - May have to fight to maintain any sort of consistent hours. -You will not know your work schedule until near the very end of the week. -Managers are constantly pressured to keep labor low and thus will readily cut employees increasing pressure on those still at work. - If a carhop, handling customers can be chaotic. Especially during busy hours. You will also have to juggle the various promotions. -Motiviation will be low for employees due to low pay yet expected to do many tiring and morale sapping labor for low pay. Immediate management and supervisors are under constant pressure and stress, and will likely be irritable as a result and pass on the stress to their employees.

Advice to Management

Find some way to help relieve stress for employees to improve morale. Work day can be extremely hectic, and employees have to work through various weather conditions whether it is a hot summer or freezing winter. Hold events, or some sort of bonus to workers to help alleviate stress.