Sonic

www.sonicdrivein.com
  www.sonicdrivein.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sonic

Great for teens or part time work

Former Employee - Car Hop in Tyler, TX
Former Employee - Car Hop in Tyler, TX

I worked at Sonic part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun work environment
easy to learn menu
Hourly pay plus tips for carhops
Plenty of exercise while working
Discounted meals and free drinks

Cons

It can be extremely exhausting in hot weather. I would only advise that young and energetic individuals apply.
As with any fast food franchise, employees are not always dependable, meaning that you could end end up running a busy lunch hour almost by yourself.
I've heard that some owners pay less than minimum wage to car hops because they are supposed to make tips, but not everyone tips their car hop.

My advice to management is to require that all car hops get paid at least minimum wage, because they don't always make tips.

388 Other Employee Reviews for Sonic (View Most Recent)

Good for High School Kids

Former Employee - Cook in Lone Jack, MO
    Former Employee - Cook in Lone Jack, MO

I worked at Sonic part-time (more than an year)

Pros

It was good for me at the time (age 16-17). I did earn a raise as a cook, and was able to cross train to be both a cook and a carhop. And I like the food, always did throughout my time there and still eat it to this day.

Cons

Minimum wage. Hard ass labor, to be honest (at times). Leaving work covered in grease and smelling like french fries.

Don't be such a jerk for no reason just because you feel you have authority over others. Respect your workers and they will care more about their store and do a better job.

Best Food Service Job I've ever had!

Former Employee - CarHop in Woodstock, GA
    Former Employee - CarHop in Woodstock, GA

I worked at Sonic part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company has great standards overall and working as a carhop is really good fun. I worked at 3 different sonic locations and it was always a fun environment to work in for young students. If you are young and looking to make some extra money I would say go for it!

Cons

The overall satisfaction of the job depends highly on management and the owner. But that is pretty much the same with any job.

There are newer employer reviews for Sonic