SonicWALL

great college intern experience

Former Employee - Human Resources Intern
Former Employee - Human Resources Intern

I worked at SonicWALL

Pros

Awesome group of employees to work with and great pay. As a temporary intern I got my own private workspace and was trusted with my own independent projects.

Cons

No cons really. When I was there 2 years ago they gave all the employees catered lunch Mon.-Thurs. which was amazing, but with budget cuts they got rid of lunches and can no longer afford to have interns I think.

Awesome management. VP of HR is an amazing women and the other VPs are visible and a fun group to be around.

51 Other Employee Reviews for SonicWALL (View Most Recent)

Good to place to work however depends on the team too

I have been working at SonicWALL

Pros

Free Transportation to work
    Good and free is provided
    Working hours is mostly 9 to 5
    Mostly good pay package to deserving employees

Cons

Less integration with other teams
    Management is less clear of its policies
    Hire and Fire policy being adopted across teams

Provide transparent policy to all employees
    Being a relatively smaller company, identify the bottleneck employees (mgr/dirs) and make them responsible for their action
    Be a top tech company.

SonicWALL fails at executing its goals and objectives

I have been working at SonicWALL

Pros

Good people from Director on down, performing amazing work with limited time, money and other resources. Work/Life balance fair, interesting projects.

Cons

Last-minute notifications from executive staff, creating constant fire-drill atmosphere. Benefit and compensation package not competitive with other Silicon Valley tech firms. Mandatory PTO is forced at certain times of the year (this was in effect before the recession)-- reducing the net number of PTOs employees have. Executive management is seen as an island onto itself-- fostering fear of not being able to question the e-staff or only tell them what they want to hear. Sales and Marketing continually misfiring on its execution.

Remove the barriers separating the rank and file with the Executive Team. Improve the benefit and compensation package for employees and make it fair-- forcing employees to take PTO and unpaid time off while awarding executives bonuses during the same time period does not give a good impression of why the company needs to control expenses. Have a clear statement on the company's goals and objectives and it should be applicable without any modification to investors, partners, customers, and employees.

There are newer employer reviews for SonicWALL