Sonoco Products
www.sonoco.com Hartsville, SC 5000+ Employees

High Burnout

Production (Current Employee)
Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sonoco Products full-time for less than a year

ProsBenefits good, high quality employees, people that care about doing a good job. Corporate culture is positive and some very good production environments exist in other geographic areas so it can be done.

Consexpect to give up either sleep or a family life. Unreasonable hours due to poor workforce mgmt - exempt lower level work excessive hours week after week without appreciation, compensation, or comp time. Time off is taken away with no notice or care People are so burnt out that it is impacting plant safety. Harassment is swept under the rug. Management refuses to address the issues because they themselves aren't impacted.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize that people won't continue to give without getting something in return. Excessive hours lead to safety violations and turnover. Harassment should never be tolerated.. Audit plants to make sure they are following company culture of making Sunoco a good place to work and advance. Make it a company policy people are treated well.

Losing it

Technical Manager (Former Employee)
Hartsville, SC

I worked at Sonoco Products full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Typically top player in their market Cons: Can not compete in a competitive market Advice to Senior Management: You are cutting cost at the expense of not providing… More

Conservative Company

Hartsville, SC

I have been working at Sonoco Products full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Sonoco is a very strong, stable company. Cons: The company's HQ is in a very small town. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Sonoco Products.

Worked for Sonoco Products? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sonoco Products reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sonoco Products CEO Harris E. DeLoach Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Sonoco Products employees.