There are newer employer reviews for Sonoco Products

Great pay for the work that you do

I have been working at Sonoco Products full-time

Pros

The money is very good.

Cons

Most of the factory is not air conditioned and they really don't care how hot you get in there.

You need to pay more attention to the employees that you have that do a good job for the company and you are totally clueless when it comes to your supervisors and their lack of abilities to lead people.

66 Other Employee Reviews for Sonoco Products (View Most Recent)

Not a critique of the entire company; worked for Sonoco on-site at another company

I worked at Sonoco Products full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary/benefits package was above average.

Cons

Many companies have a salesperson "managing" employees. I have never understood this - being good at sales usually does not go well with being able to manage others. Only about 5% of any sales people I've dealt with have been decent managers. Plus, in this particular situation, the salesman was one of the poorest sales people I've worked had the misfortune of working "with" - poor understanding of the business and company we were associated with, worked off-site so usually MIA, condescending, untruthful (and bad at keeping track of his lies), etc. The other employees on-site were always worried about losing their jobs, and completely self-serving. Collaboration is a big buzz word - that's all it was there. Lots of lying and back-biting, in addition to purposeful non-sharing of information. No one wanted to work as a cohesive group.

Sales people are horrible general managers. If you have employees that are not on-site, have the managers check in with employees. It is not the employee's responsibility to initiate all contact. I was once told that if my manager hadn't heard from me, the assumption was "no news is good news." Sounds like a manager who's on top of things!

asbestos infested, terrrible place to work

I have been working at Sonoco Products

Pros

long lunchs, lots of breaks

Cons

mangaemant, pay, peoples, work environemnt

wake up

There are newer employer reviews for Sonoco Products

Worked for Sonoco Products? Contribute to the Community!