Sonora Quest Laboratories

www.sonoraquest.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Sonora Quest Laboratories

I love the culture at SQL. We live our values, and positively affect patient's lives everyday.

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories

Pros

Sonora Quest has great benefits, leadership training, community service focus, quality awards, Six Sigma focus, and is all accross the state. I feel so lucky to work here. We are growing in a tough economy, something not most Arizona companies can say.

Cons

It is hard to find downsides. The company has had mandatory PTO, but they did this to preserve jobs. Some of the IT systems need to be improved as well.

Thank you for offering leadership training. This has helped me in my job. Please keep listening to the employees for more great ideas. Good job on getting the Ethics awards.

46 Other Employee Reviews for Sonora Quest Laboratories (View Most Recent)

Why work at Sonora Quest

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories

Pros

They are an organization that has a clear goal and vision that could be reflected in their day to day activities

Cons

They are not adept to change. Many of the mid level management practices are those carried over from old business ways. They are not interested in revolutionizing their structure

Take advantage of the young and innovative talent that is coming your way. Incorporate it with old and proven methodologies to increase employee satisfaction and organizational profitability

I love my job.

Current Employee - Phlebotomist Float in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist Float in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This was my first job with a lab, and I was very intimidated when I started. They talked me into being an IOP Float, which I did not want to do, however, I couldn't be more grateful for this opportunity. It was difficult in the beginning, but knowing that I have a great team at my back was so comforting and I am now confident and feel like I have been trained well. My manager is the best manager I have ever had, and I feel appreciated and know that he would have my back if I needed him to. Some labs may pay more but the benefits are great here and I would take slightly lower pay for a job that I feel passionate about.

Floats are compensated very well for mileage as well as drive time, however, the miles will add up quickly if you don't work close to your territory.

Cons

The pay could be better, and we are often understaffed. The hiring process was kind of long and in the beginning seemed slightly disorganized. I didn't know who my supervisor was for the first week during the New Employee Orientation, but it worked out in the end.

Increased pay to compete with other labs would keep hard working employees here longer.

There are newer employer reviews for Sonora Quest Laboratories