Sonora Quest Laboratories

www.sonoraquest.com

Laboratory Sciences of Arizona A good place to work

Current Employee - Medical Lab Scientist  in  Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Medical Lab Scientist in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Over all this is a good company to work for, I have worked for them at different sites for many years. It is a large company so there are many employment opportunities across the valley. The benefits are fine, they used to be better. The pay is acceptable and that could always be better.

Cons

It really depends on which site you work at as to how well it is managed. The company also seems to be very management heavy and even with the multitude of managers they still cannot accomplish their assigned tasks. Also they do not encourage education and advancement. They put up hurdles to get a decent raise.

I think that more attention should be paid to the quality of the management team at certain facilities. Being that I have worked for several facilities throughout the years, I have noticed some management teams are just incompetant. They do not understand how to encourage and motivate their employees. They also are ineffectual at getting things done. Employees at certain sites feel like they do not have a voice because there is no improvement in the situation.

Other reviews for Sonora Quest Laboratories

Great company, Great people!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Pros

There are a lot of genuinely good people at Sonora who truly care about the patients they serve. With everyone ultimately working towards the same goal of patient care it makes it a great work environment! I also love that they really offer their employees a lot of opportunity to learn new things, get outside of their comfort zone and really grow in their careers. I love a lot of things about this company but if I had to pick one thing that I love it most it is that this company truly does care about the community it serves and the proof is in the pudding with all the community awards it has received.

Cons

Not everyone knows that while we are part of the Banner network we are also our own company so sometimes that can be confusing to patients.

Keep offering learning opportunities and stay visionary. Keep sharing how we are doing as a company and where the economy stands for healthcare. This helps us understand what we need to do to keep improving and doing our best to serve our patients!

Excellent values-driven, Lean Six Sigma-based healthcare company

Pros

Our CEO's mission is to be an industry driver of technology, rather than a follower. SQL is involved in several pilots to define and develop the best patient and physician experience. Employees who embrace the pace feel energized and positively driven by the mission and values.

Cons

There are so many changes in healthcare, the pressures can seem insurmountable.

Our industry is faced with the same brain-drain resulting from retiring talent with which all industries struggle. Our company has a fledgling knowledge management process, but the program doesn't get top-down support. When people in key positions leave, they are rarely asked by their leaders to make the effort to proactively transfer their knowledge. In this area, SQL seems to be sticking their head in the sand like most other technology-driven companies.

There are newer employer reviews for Sonora Quest Laboratories.

Worked for Sonora Quest Laboratories? Contribute to the Community!