Sonora Quest Laboratories
www.sonoraquest.com Tempe, AZ 1000 to 5000 Employees

Overall, a great place to work with positive leaders.

Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time for more than a year

ProsThe benefits are excellent. The people are friendly and greet you when you walk down the hall. There are lots of job opportunities if you are qualified and lots of people transfer. The 401k matching at 4% is nice. The Biometrics screening and money off our health care premiums are great. The ATM program payout is nice every six months. Discounts and purchasing power are great incentives also. The fact that they do surveys so often is great because they seem to want our feedback.

ConsThey underpay certain positions and overpay in others. Some of the techs make like $60-70k a year when the rest of us (with degrees but not in biology or medical fields) make twenty-something thousand.

Offer more entry level positions for departments. For example, Customer Systems keeps opening positions for SENIOR level. When you apply for jobs in the field elsewhere, they require experience also. How are we supposed to get experience if you won't give us the chance? I understand that they are posted on a needs basis, but it seems fishy that they have been all senior level for years. The same thing exists in other departments. I'm young and want to have a fair chance in this company or others but it's proven ridiculously difficult to meet the "as usually demonstrated by 3-5 years in the industry" requirement.

No paid holidays. We shouldn't have to take our paid holidays out of our paid time off. If you can't afford to give us both, at least separate them to two separate things so it doesn't make it seem like we get a lot of vacation, but then realize if we can't work 6 of those days, we really have 6 less for actual vacations. 23 days- 6 holidays isn't 23 days. It's 17 days and 6 holidays. Because those 6 holidays can rarely be combined with other PTO because of scheduling conflicts, it seems misleading.

The senior leadership shouldn't try to be sneaky and make an almost laughable goal sharing payout for the year. They have it set this year to where we have to hit 96% to even get anything. We haven't hit 96% in years so why even publish the plan if there's almost no chance we're going to get anything but the safety portion? Why not offer us a small check if we make it to 90%, a slightly larger check at 91% and so on? If they want to take away the program, just do it. Don't pretend you're giving us money when the chances are almost non-existent. I'm pretty sure a lot of naive employees didn't read the plan and are getting their hopes up for a check when there will likely only be one for safety.

I wish they had a cafeteria or some kind of a traveling food truck. The Lady Bug prices are getting ridiculous and they should have more options than just one place for those of us that don't get a clocked out lunch. Employers this large usually offer something like that. I'm sure it'd be voted for by the employees to at least have a food truck or delivery service come by.

They asked about who would be interested in fitness classes on campus and what times, but nothing ever came about from that.

TUITION REIMBURSEMENT!!! Need I say more? I understand if you can't afford to offer $5,000 a year anymore, but can't you spare $20 to help a student out? It's kind of silly that you didn't just cut the funding down substantially, but instead, crushed my hope of going back to school.

This All-or-Nothing approach to tuition reimbursement and bonus checks is annoying to those of us who think that every little bit helps. We're all just trying to get through this rough economic time together. Help me get my Masters degree and I'd be a more valuable employee to you anyway.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee above.

Great Place To Work

TEAM LEAD (Current Employee)
Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Hours are great, employees are very friendly, some room to… Cons: Communication. Lack of consitancy in supervisors. Advice to Senior Management: Communication needs to be improved. When changes are made, they should immediately be sent to the people that are doing the work. Not… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Quality Matters

Supervisor (Current Employee)
Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time for more than a year

Pros: I never have a problem getting my tests completed in a… Cons: Walk ins welcome but they wait to long even with… Advice to Senior Management: Should be appointment only to eliminate the walk in wait. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Sonora Quest Laboratories.

Worked for Sonora Quest Laboratories? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sonora Quest Laboratories reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sonora Quest Laboratories CEO David A. Dexter. All reviews posted anonymously by Sonora Quest Laboratories employees.