Sonora Quest Laboratories

www.sonoraquest.com
  www.sonoraquest.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sonora Quest Laboratories

Overall, a great place to work with positive leaders.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The benefits are excellent. The people are friendly and greet you when you walk down the hall. There are lots of job opportunities if you are qualified and lots of people transfer. The 401k matching at 4% is nice. The Biometrics screening and money off our health care premiums are great. The ATM program payout is nice every six months. Discounts and purchasing power are great incentives also. The fact that they do surveys so often is great because they seem to want our feedback.

Cons

They underpay certain positions and overpay in others. Some of the techs make like $60-70k a year when the rest of us (with degrees but not in biology or medical fields) make twenty-something thousand.

Offer more entry level positions for departments. For example, Customer Systems keeps opening positions for SENIOR level. When you apply for jobs in the field elsewhere, they require experience also. How are we supposed to get experience if you won't give us the chance? I understand that they are posted on a needs basis, but it seems fishy that they have been all senior level for years. The same thing exists in other departments. I'm young and want to have a fair chance in this company or others but it's proven ridiculously difficult to meet the "as usually demonstrated by 3-5 years in the industry" requirement.

No paid holidays. We shouldn't have to take our paid holidays out of our paid time off. If you can't afford to give us both, at least separate them to two separate things so it doesn't make it seem like we get a lot of vacation, but then realize if we can't work 6 of those days, we really have 6 less for actual vacations. 23 days- 6 holidays isn't 23 days. It's 17 days and 6 holidays. Because those 6 holidays can rarely be combined with other PTO because of scheduling conflicts, it seems misleading.

The senior leadership shouldn't try to be sneaky and make an almost laughable goal sharing payout for the year. They have it set this year to where we have to hit 96% to even get anything. We haven't hit 96% in years so why even publish the plan if there's almost no chance we're going to get anything but the safety portion? Why not offer us a small check if we make it to 90%, a slightly larger check at 91% and so on? If they want to take away the program, just do it. Don't pretend you're giving us money when the chances are almost non-existent. I'm pretty sure a lot of naive employees didn't read the plan and are getting their hopes up for a check when there will likely only be one for safety.

I wish they had a cafeteria or some kind of a traveling food truck. The Lady Bug prices are getting ridiculous and they should have more options than just one place for those of us that don't get a clocked out lunch. Employers this large usually offer something like that. I'm sure it'd be voted for by the employees to at least have a food truck or delivery service come by.

They asked about who would be interested in fitness classes on campus and what times, but nothing ever came about from that.

TUITION REIMBURSEMENT!!! Need I say more? I understand if you can't afford to offer $5,000 a year anymore, but can't you spare $20 to help a student out? It's kind of silly that you didn't just cut the funding down substantially, but instead, crushed my hope of going back to school.

This All-or-Nothing approach to tuition reimbursement and bonus checks is annoying to those of us who think that every little bit helps. We're all just trying to get through this rough economic time together. Help me get my Masters degree and I'd be a more valuable employee to you anyway.

See above.

42 Other Employee Reviews for Sonora Quest Laboratories (View Most Recent)

Quality Matters

Current Employee - Supervisor in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I never have a problem getting my tests completed in a timely manner. The phlebotomists are kind and explain the process completely.

Cons

Walk ins welcome but they wait to long even with staff working hard.

Should be appointment only to eliminate the walk in wait.

Sonora Quest Laboratories is the best employer anywhere.

Current Employee - Billing in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Billing in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Well SQL/Banner clearly has the best benefit package you could ask for. Our senior management team is always available to us and very down to earth we don't feel like they are snotty and uptight. When you pass them in the hallway they always great me with a smile and a warm Hello, how are you doing and then pause to hear your response.

Cons

Not enough opportunities for advancement for those who have years of experience who might not have a 4 year degree. I once saw someone prompted with a degree in Art History over another employee with 25+ years in the field. Now I have to ask who is of more value to the company? Clearly the person who has been doing the work for so many years.

Continue to do what you are doing, protect us all throughout the rough road in the financial world. I believe in Dave Dexter and am thankful he is our CEO.

There are newer employer reviews for Sonora Quest Laboratories