Sonora Quest Laboratories
www.sonoraquest.com Tempe, AZ 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great Place To Work

TEAM LEAD (Current Employee)
Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time for more than 3 years

ProsHours are great, employees are very friendly, some room to move up.

ConsCommunication. Lack of consitancy in supervisors.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication needs to be improved. When changes are made, they should immediately be sent to the people that are doing the work. Not from the director, to the manager, to the supervisor, and then the team lead. This way everyone is on the same page and the change is not open to interpretation.

Also, it is very frustrating trying to get answers to questions when you cannot go right to the source. The whole chain of command thing works for grievances or problems, but when you need a answer to an issue that is in front of you right now, why do we need to go thru our supervisor, who then has to talk to a manager, who then has to talk to a director/department/ or person responsible, who gets an answer, gives it back to the manager, who then gives it to the supervisor, and then back to you. It is very frustrating sometimes, causes errors, wastes time, and aggrivates patients if they are waiting.

We as team leads were told that our sites would be like "our store's" to do with as we like so long as it falls within SOP and was moral/ethical. Our supervisor still micromanages. She makes dicissions for us without input from me or the team. Its just confusing, we go to meeting and the upper management team is excited about all the changes and how we are going to have so much more control over the site, but when it comes down to it, the supervisor still does everthing. Just for example, I did not get to sit in on my new hire's interview as I was told. I was just told I was getting a new hire. This person, while a comptitant phlebotomist, did not fit the team well and from my experience with her as a temp, I would not have given my approval.

Quality Matters

Supervisor (Current Employee)
Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time for more than a year

Pros: I never have a problem getting my tests completed in a… Cons: Walk ins welcome but they wait to long even with… Advice to Senior Management: Should be appointment only to eliminate the walk in wait. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Overall, this is a decent place to work.

MLT (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

Pros: The benefits are pretty good, and the work environment is acceptable. Management is good at the location where I work, although not all locations… Cons: The pay is not very competitive, especially for certain positions. The benefits are decent for now, but keep getting cut due to the poor… Advice to Senior Management: I would like to see more focus on keeping the good, hard-working employees we currently have, which might include giving better raises and other incentives… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Sonora Quest Laboratories.

Worked for Sonora Quest Laboratories? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sonora Quest Laboratories reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sonora Quest Laboratories CEO David A. Dexter. All reviews posted anonymously by Sonora Quest Laboratories employees.