Sonora Quest Laboratories
www.sonoraquest.com Tempe, AZ 1000 to 5000 Employees

Overall, this is a decent place to work.

Mlt (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

ProsThe benefits are pretty good, and the work environment is acceptable. Management is good at the location where I work, although not all locations can say the same. Because there are several work locations throughout the Valley, there are plenty of job opportunities available and the potential to transfer if that becomes necessary.

ConsThe pay is not very competitive, especially for certain positions. The benefits are decent for now, but keep getting cut due to the poor economy. It seems that there are constant staffing issues with phlebotomy, leaving half the lab short-staffed, overworked, and therefore not always able to meet TAT goals. These revolving door staffing problems can likely be traced back to poor phlebotomy management, which is a shame since losing "good" phlebs negatively impacts everyone in the lab. Also, management in general seems to be a little too focused on education, rather than work experience, leaving many good, experienced techs with no potential for job advancement unless they are willing and able to go back to college.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would like to see more focus on keeping the good, hard-working employees we currently have, which might include giving better raises and other incentives to stay, such as reinstating tuition reimbursement, etc. I believe this would save us time and money in training costs, new employee learning curves, etc.

Laboratory Sciences of Arizona A good place to work

Medical Lab Scientist (Current Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Over all this is a good company to work for, I have worked for them at different sites for many years. It is a… Cons: It really depends on which site you work at as to how well it is managed. The company also seems to be very management… Advice to Senior Management: I think that more attention should be paid to the quality of the management team at certain facilities. Being that I have worked for… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great company, Great people!

Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: There are a lot of genuinely good people at Sonora who truly care about the patients they serve. With everyone ultimately working towards the… Cons: Not everyone knows that while we are part of the Banner network we… Advice to Senior Management: Keep offering learning opportunities and stay visionary. Keep sharing how we are doing as a company and where the economy stands… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Sonora Quest Laboratories.

Worked for Sonora Quest Laboratories? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sonora Quest Laboratories reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sonora Quest Laboratories CEO David A. Dexter. All reviews posted anonymously by Sonora Quest Laboratories employees.