There are newer employer reviews for Sonora Quest Laboratories

Overall, this is a decent place to work.

Current Employee - Mlt in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Mlt in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are pretty good, and the work environment is acceptable. Management is good at the location where I work, although not all locations can say the same. Because there are several work locations throughout the Valley, there are plenty of job opportunities available and the potential to transfer if that becomes necessary.

Cons

The pay is not very competitive, especially for certain positions. The benefits are decent for now, but keep getting cut due to the poor economy. It seems that there are constant staffing issues with phlebotomy, leaving half the lab short-staffed, overworked, and therefore not always able to meet TAT goals. These revolving door staffing problems can likely be traced back to poor phlebotomy management, which is a shame since losing "good" phlebs negatively impacts everyone in the lab. Also, management in general seems to be a little too focused on education, rather than work experience, leaving many good, experienced techs with no potential for job advancement unless they are willing and able to go back to college.

I would like to see more focus on keeping the good, hard-working employees we currently have, which might include giving better raises and other incentives to stay, such as reinstating tuition reimbursement, etc. I believe this would save us time and money in training costs, new employee learning curves, etc.

reviews filtered by
  1. Laboratory Sciences of Arizona A good place to work

Current Employee - Medical Lab Scientist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Medical Lab Scientist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Over all this is a good company to work for, I have worked for them at different sites for many years. It is a large company so there are many employment opportunities across the valley. The benefits are fine, they used to be better. The pay is acceptable and that could always be better.

Cons

It really depends on which site you work at as to how well it is managed. The company also seems to be very management heavy and even with the multitude of managers they still cannot accomplish their assigned tasks. Also they do not encourage education and advancement. They put up hurdles to get a decent raise.

I think that more attention should be paid to the quality of the management team at certain facilities. Being that I have worked for several facilities throughout the years, I have noticed some management teams are just incompetant. They do not understand how to encourage and motivate their employees. They also are ineffectual at getting things done. Employees at certain sites feel like they do not have a voice because there is no improvement in the situation.

2. Great company, Great people!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of genuinely good people at Sonora who truly care about the patients they serve. With everyone ultimately working towards the same goal of patient care it makes it a great work environment! I also love that they really offer their employees a lot of opportunity to learn new things, get outside of their comfort zone and really grow in their careers. I love a lot of things about this company but if I had to pick one thing that I love it most it is that this company truly does care about the community it serves and the proof is in the pudding with all the community awards it has received.

Cons

Not everyone knows that while we are part of the Banner network we are also our own company so sometimes that can be confusing to patients.

Keep offering learning opportunities and stay visionary. Keep sharing how we are doing as a company and where the economy stands for healthcare. This helps us understand what we need to do to keep improving and doing our best to serve our patients!

There are newer employer reviews for Sonora Quest Laboratories