Sonora Quest Laboratories

There are newer employer reviews for Sonora Quest Laboratories

Certification Bias

Current Employee - Medical Technician I in Tempe, AZ
Current Employee - Medical Technician I in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Immediate leadership has been more than aggreable on changing schedules, finding accomodations and otherwise promoting a stron work/life balance.

Cons

Individuals with a number of years of experience without a certification are looked over for promotions and advancement opportunities.

Colleges and Universities all over the country are eliminating Medical Technology programs from their carricula. With a majority of techs nearing retirement age, it is time to lift the restrictions of certification requirements for employment and advancement opportunities.

46 Other Employee Reviews for Sonora Quest Laboratories (View Most Recent)

Sonora Quest Laboratories is the best employer anywhere.

Current Employee - Billing in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Billing in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Well SQL/Banner clearly has the best benefit package you could ask for. Our senior management team is always available to us and very down to earth we don't feel like they are snotty and uptight. When you pass them in the hallway they always great me with a smile and a warm Hello, how are you doing and then pause to hear your response.

Cons

Not enough opportunities for advancement for those who have years of experience who might not have a 4 year degree. I once saw someone prompted with a degree in Art History over another employee with 25+ years in the field. Now I have to ask who is of more value to the company? Clearly the person who has been doing the work for so many years.

Continue to do what you are doing, protect us all throughout the rough road in the financial world. I believe in Dave Dexter and am thankful he is our CEO.

A great place for your career

Current Employee - Clinical Lab Scientist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Clinical Lab Scientist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits
    Decent pay
    Positive work environment and coworker relationships
    Good communication
    An excellent company to start and grow your career and to further your experience in the field of Medical Lab Science.

Cons

Sometimes there is to much trickle down from upper management to management to the tech. The current state of Healthcare Reform is causing a higher than normal stress level and morale is definitely being affected.

Upper management should visit the individual labs much more often (currently as little as once a year) and try to talk to people on a more singular level and not at large meetings.

There are newer employer reviews for Sonora Quest Laboratories