Sonora Quest Laboratories

www.sonoraquest.com
  www.sonoraquest.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sonora Quest Laboratories

I have had a wonderful experience working for this company.

Current Employee - Cytogeneticist in Tempe, AZ
Current Employee - Cytogeneticist in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, Family friendly, great benefits, wonderful people to work for. Our Supervisors are great, very understanding, flexible, willing to work with you. Try to make it a great work environment. Very professional. Very Nice people. Yearly bonus & Raise.

Cons

There are not very many cons. Sonora Quest is a great place to work. We didn't get raises last year, but they gave us all a bonus instead. It was to be expected with the economy.

42 Other Employee Reviews for Sonora Quest Laboratories (View Most Recent)

Certification Bias

Current Employee - Medical Technician I in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Medical Technician I in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Immediate leadership has been more than aggreable on changing schedules, finding accomodations and otherwise promoting a stron work/life balance.

Cons

Individuals with a number of years of experience without a certification are looked over for promotions and advancement opportunities.

Colleges and Universities all over the country are eliminating Medical Technology programs from their carricula. With a majority of techs nearing retirement age, it is time to lift the restrictions of certification requirements for employment and advancement opportunities.

Overall, this is a decent place to work.

Current Employee - Mlt in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Mlt in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are pretty good, and the work environment is acceptable. Management is good at the location where I work, although not all locations can say the same. Because there are several work locations throughout the Valley, there are plenty of job opportunities available and the potential to transfer if that becomes necessary.

Cons

The pay is not very competitive, especially for certain positions. The benefits are decent for now, but keep getting cut due to the poor economy. It seems that there are constant staffing issues with phlebotomy, leaving half the lab short-staffed, overworked, and therefore not always able to meet TAT goals. These revolving door staffing problems can likely be traced back to poor phlebotomy management, which is a shame since losing "good" phlebs negatively impacts everyone in the lab. Also, management in general seems to be a little too focused on education, rather than work experience, leaving many good, experienced techs with no potential for job advancement unless they are willing and able to go back to college.

I would like to see more focus on keeping the good, hard-working employees we currently have, which might include giving better raises and other incentives to stay, such as reinstating tuition reimbursement, etc. I believe this would save us time and money in training costs, new employee learning curves, etc.

There are newer employer reviews for Sonora Quest Laboratories