Sonora Quest Laboratories

Great Company to Work For, Not-So-Great Work Hours

MLS I (Current Employee)
Glendale, AZ

ProsGreat benefits, Good working environment, Enjoyable work duties

ConsOvernight work schedule is too difficult at this location- 5 eight-hour shifts with one day off every other week. This is hard to do working days, much less on night shift. It would be much better to have the option of 4 ten-hour days or 3 twelve-hour days. The morning and evening shifts both have ten-hour shifts available to most employees but it's not offered for the night shift. The overnight shift is a very difficult one to work at any rate, but this particular schedule is really a challenge.
Other than the schedule, the only thing I have noticed is one coordinator who I feel lacks effective communication skills and positive leadership. The rest of the coordinators otherwise are very helpful, knowledgeable and professional.

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe working out a schedule that the employees have been asking for (4 ten-hour shifts) would help with employee retention and longetivity in this location.
I feel that ALL coordinators should be held to the same standards of professionalism and leadership. If an individual in a leadership role is not up to professional standards (or upholding company values), then they should receive further training and then demonstrate positive leadership skills to maintain this position.

Good Leadership

Medical Lab Tech II (Current Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Lots of opportunity to move up within the company. Cons: Health benefits are administered by Banner health. There are MANY… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

This is a company with a renowned reputation

Medical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee)
    Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time for less than a year

Pros: This is a good company to begin your career because of its good track record. The base salary is amongst the… Cons: The management style and methodology does need improvements. The list of mandatory… Advice to Senior Management: Please consider executing positive reinforcements in order to reduce errors… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Sonora Quest Laboratories.

Worked for Sonora Quest Laboratories? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sonora Quest Laboratories reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sonora Quest Laboratories CEO David A. Dexter. All reviews posted anonymously by Sonora Quest Laboratories employees.