Sonora Quest Laboratories

There are newer employer reviews for Sonora Quest Laboratories

Great Company to Work For, Not-So-Great Work Hours

Current Employee - MLS I in Glendale, AZ
Current Employee - MLS I in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, Good working environment, Enjoyable work duties

Cons

Overnight work schedule is too difficult at this location- 5 eight-hour shifts with one day off every other week. This is hard to do working days, much less on night shift. It would be much better to have the option of 4 ten-hour days or 3 twelve-hour days. The morning and evening shifts both have ten-hour shifts available to most employees but it's not offered for the night shift. The overnight shift is a very difficult one to work at any rate, but this particular schedule is really a challenge.
Other than the schedule, the only thing I have noticed is one coordinator who I feel lacks effective communication skills and positive leadership. The rest of the coordinators otherwise are very helpful, knowledgeable and professional.

I believe working out a schedule that the employees have been asking for (4 ten-hour shifts) would help with employee retention and longetivity in this location.
I feel that ALL coordinators should be held to the same standards of professionalism and leadership. If an individual in a leadership role is not up to professional standards (or upholding company values), then they should receive further training and then demonstrate positive leadership skills to maintain this position.

42 Other Employee Reviews for Sonora Quest Laboratories (View Most Recent)

This is a company with a renowned reputation

Current Employee - Medical Laboratory Scientist in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Medical Laboratory Scientist in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This is a good company to begin your career because of its good track record. The base salary is amongst the best compared to many other commercial and hospital laboratories' starting pay. The health benefits are decent especially if you have a family.

Cons

The management style and methodology does need improvements. The list of mandatory training and courses also need to be modified to better accompany each department.

Please consider executing positive reinforcements in order to reduce errors and improve dynamics in the work environment.

Good Leadership

Current Employee - Medical Lab Tech II in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Medical Lab Tech II in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity to move up within the company.

Cons

Health benefits are administered by Banner health. There are MANY Dr.’s in the area that will not work with our insurance.

There are newer employer reviews for Sonora Quest Laboratories