Sonora Quest Laboratories

www.sonoraquest.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sonora Quest Laboratories

Best Place to Work

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories

Pros

Benefits - Our benefits are better than most companies
Values - The majority of the people in this company live the values
Perks - Free coffee, tea and hot chocolate and annual performance bonus
Team Environment - most of us know that we are all in this together. That makes a difference.
Community Service - Sonora Quest allows their employees to participate in community service
Community Support - SQL support the community through various programs
Career Advancement - If you want to advance the opportunity is there if you can do the work

Cons

Pay - Pay is good, but does not match current market according to the BLS
HR - HR is not independent of the parent and cannot act on their own - causes employee conflict
ATM System - Current attendance system is a negative for employees who do their part

Go back to leaving attendance up to the Sup/Mgr to track, get rid of the ATM system. This was designed for juveniles, not hard working adults.
Executive Leadership - Support the front line workers visibly and visit with employees on the floor more often.
I love my job and this company, I have passed up other offers to stay here because of our Executive Management team and the dynamic of this company. It is an excellent place to work, thank you.

42 Other Employee Reviews for Sonora Quest Laboratories (View Most Recent)

Sonora Quest over-promises and under-delivers.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Sonora Quest is a large company that has had minimal layoffs during the recession. There is a strong amount of job security for most positions.

Cons

This company represents an "old-boys" club. There are only two women in the upper-most level of management (out of 14 positions). All but two departments within the company are lead by men. Women are largely under-represented in all management levels. This is reprehensible given that over 60% of employees are women. It is almost impossible to move up in this company as a female employee.

Also, in the past few years employee compensation packages have been severely reduced, while the management teams still receive their annual bonuses. The company places a large focus on the results of the annual "employee satisfaction survey" and being one of the "best places to work" in Arizona, but does little other than issue company memos to employees when results are less than favorable.

Great Company to Work For, Not-So-Great Work Hours

Current Employee - MLS I in Glendale, AZ
    Current Employee - MLS I in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, Good working environment, Enjoyable work duties

Cons

Overnight work schedule is too difficult at this location- 5 eight-hour shifts with one day off every other week. This is hard to do working days, much less on night shift. It would be much better to have the option of 4 ten-hour days or 3 twelve-hour days. The morning and evening shifts both have ten-hour shifts available to most employees but it's not offered for the night shift. The overnight shift is a very difficult one to work at any rate, but this particular schedule is really a challenge.
    Other than the schedule, the only thing I have noticed is one coordinator who I feel lacks effective communication skills and positive leadership. The rest of the coordinators otherwise are very helpful, knowledgeable and professional.

I believe working out a schedule that the employees have been asking for (4 ten-hour shifts) would help with employee retention and longetivity in this location.
    I feel that ALL coordinators should be held to the same standards of professionalism and leadership. If an individual in a leadership role is not up to professional standards (or upholding company values), then they should receive further training and then demonstrate positive leadership skills to maintain this position.

There are newer employer reviews for Sonora Quest Laboratories