Sonora Quest Laboratories

Politicians.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time

Pros

If you're a poor employee, you'll have a job there forever. It doesn't matter how much your co-workers make an official complaint.

Cons

They pretend to be giving you a raise and a promotion with a new "title" and little pay raise but in reality they are just saying a lot of money by always sending hourly workers home right and their forty hours and keeping except employees for fourteen hours extra every week for you to finish the work yourself. Yet they promote team work?? Please!

Quit being politicians.
All the good qualities you claim to be that you advertise, none of your phlebotomists agree with it. I bet the senior leadership group loves it though.
Maybe you should take a reality look at the bottom of your food chain.

46 Other Employee Reviews for Sonora Quest Laboratories (View Most Recent)

I have had a wonderful experience working for this company.

Current Employee - Cytogeneticist in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Cytogeneticist in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, Family friendly, great benefits, wonderful people to work for. Our Supervisors are great, very understanding, flexible, willing to work with you. Try to make it a great work environment. Very professional. Very Nice people. Yearly bonus & Raise.

Cons

There are not very many cons. Sonora Quest is a great place to work. We didn't get raises last year, but they gave us all a bonus instead. It was to be expected with the economy.

Overall, a great place to work with positive leaders.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The benefits are excellent. The people are friendly and greet you when you walk down the hall. There are lots of job opportunities if you are qualified and lots of people transfer. The 401k matching at 4% is nice. The Biometrics screening and money off our health care premiums are great. The ATM program payout is nice every six months. Discounts and purchasing power are great incentives also. The fact that they do surveys so often is great because they seem to want our feedback.

Cons

They underpay certain positions and overpay in others. Some of the techs make like $60-70k a year when the rest of us (with degrees but not in biology or medical fields) make twenty-something thousand.

Offer more entry level positions for departments. For example, Customer Systems keeps opening positions for SENIOR level. When you apply for jobs in the field elsewhere, they require experience also. How are we supposed to get experience if you won't give us the chance? I understand that they are posted on a needs basis, but it seems fishy that they have been all senior level for years. The same thing exists in other departments. I'm young and want to have a fair chance in this company or others but it's proven ridiculously difficult to meet the "as usually demonstrated by 3-5 years in the industry" requirement.

No paid holidays. We shouldn't have to take our paid holidays out of our paid time off. If you can't afford to give us both, at least separate them to two separate things so it doesn't make it seem like we get a lot of vacation, but then realize if we can't work 6 of those days, we really have 6 less for actual vacations. 23 days- 6 holidays isn't 23 days. It's 17 days and 6 holidays. Because those 6 holidays can rarely be combined with other PTO because of scheduling conflicts, it seems misleading.

The senior leadership shouldn't try to be sneaky and make an almost laughable goal sharing payout for the year. They have it set this year to where we have to hit 96% to even get anything. We haven't hit 96% in years so why even publish the plan if there's almost no chance we're going to get anything but the safety portion? Why not offer us a small check if we make it to 90%, a slightly larger check at 91% and so on? If they want to take away the program, just do it. Don't pretend you're giving us money when the chances are almost non-existent. I'm pretty sure a lot of naive employees didn't read the plan and are getting their hopes up for a check when there will likely only be one for safety.

I wish they had a cafeteria or some kind of a traveling food truck. The Lady Bug prices are getting ridiculous and they should have more options than just one place for those of us that don't get a clocked out lunch. Employers this large usually offer something like that. I'm sure it'd be voted for by the employees to at least have a food truck or delivery service come by.

They asked about who would be interested in fitness classes on campus and what times, but nothing ever came about from that.

TUITION REIMBURSEMENT!!! Need I say more? I understand if you can't afford to offer $5,000 a year anymore, but can't you spare $20 to help a student out? It's kind of silly that you didn't just cut the funding down substantially, but instead, crushed my hope of going back to school.

This All-or-Nothing approach to tuition reimbursement and bonus checks is annoying to those of us who think that every little bit helps. We're all just trying to get through this rough economic time together. Help me get my Masters degree and I'd be a more valuable employee to you anyway.

See above.