Good Company, Poor Management in select departments

Former Employee - Courier in Tempe, AZ
Former Employee - Courier in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work that's full of opportunity and growth. Banner health benefits

Cons

Poor management in various departments. Politics play a key role, managers like to play favorites in the workplace sometimes preventing employees from transferring to other opportunities within the company. Lack of communication and professionalism isn't always demonstrated in the workplace.

Advice to Management

Continue to offer the management survey in order to rate managers by employees as offered in the past. Take feedback from employees that work on the front line, for example: logistics, phlebotomy, processing, IOPS, PSC's.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Best Place to Work

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories

Pros

Benefits - Our benefits are better than most companies Values - The majority of the people in this company live the values Perks - Free coffee, tea and hot chocolate and annual performance bonus Team Environment - most of us know that we are all in this together. That makes a difference. Community Service - Sonora Quest allows their employees to participate in community service Community Support - SQL support the community through various programs Career Advancement - If you want to advance the opportunity is there if you can do the work

Cons

Pay - Pay is good, but does not match current market according to the BLS HR - HR is not independent of the parent and cannot act on their own - causes employee conflict ATM System - Current attendance system is a negative for employees who do their part

Advice to Management

Go back to leaving attendance up to the Sup/Mgr to track, get rid of the ATM system. This was designed for juveniles, not hard working adults. Executive Leadership - Support the front line workers visibly and visit with employees on the floor more often. I love my job and this company, I have passed up other offers to stay here because of our Executive Management team and the dynamic of this company. It is an excellent place to work, thank you.

2. Great Company to Work For, Not-So-Great Work Hours

Current Employee - MLS I in Glendale, AZ
    Current Employee - MLS I in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, Good working environment, Enjoyable work duties

Cons

Overnight work schedule is too difficult at this location- 5 eight-hour shifts with one day off every other week. This is hard to do working days, much less on night shift. It would be much better to have the option of 4 ten-hour days or 3 twelve-hour days. The morning and evening shifts both have ten-hour shifts available to most employees but it's not offered for the night shift. The overnight shift is a very difficult one to work at any rate, but this particular schedule is really a challenge. Other than the schedule, the only thing I have noticed is one coordinator who I feel lacks effective communication skills and positive leadership. The rest of the coordinators otherwise are very helpful, knowledgeable and professional.

Advice to Management

I believe working out a schedule that the employees have been asking for (4 ten-hour shifts) would help with employee retention and longetivity in this location. I feel that ALL coordinators should be held to the same standards of professionalism and leadership. If an individual in a leadership role is not up to professional standards (or upholding company values), then they should receive further training and then demonstrate positive leadership skills to maintain this position.