Sony Electronics

There are newer employer reviews for Sony Electronics

Many opportunities and challenges

Former Employee - Quality Manager in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Quality Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Sony Electronics full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

They provided me with an opportunity to make a difference. I provided information solutions where none existed before. I managed quality departments, reducing labor costs and improving product quality.

Cons

Sony could not compete by manufacturing products in San Diego. They closed the VAIO computer factory in San Diego, and are producing all computers overseas now.

You need to find a way to leverage the talented work force that you have in order to be competitive in the world market.

443 Other Employee Reviews for Sony Electronics (View Most Recent)

Was a great company but is on the decline.

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Sony Electronics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent opportunity to grow your career upward but also horizontally. The new HQ building is magnificent including an excellent health club. Very nice, dedicated employees.

Cons

Their profitability is struggling. Future doesn't look good. They used to be cutting edge as far as bringing products to market but are not handling competition from Apple and Samsung very well. So much of the talent leaves Sony to join the competition.

Pay employees better, motivate them to stay at Sony rather than losing them to the competition. Cut overhead in Tokyo.

It was a pleasant experience, however changes

Former Employee - Sales Specialist in San Ysidro, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist in San Ysidro, CA

I worked at Sony Electronics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great time and experience working as an sales specialist. Sony offer some of the best product training programs that any company can offer to its employees. Great benefits such as 401k, tuition reimbursement, medical, vacation. It was very fun working there until the last few months before I left.

Cons

Big changes in management which resulted bad, decaying work environment, and lack of communication are some of the problems. Benefits began to be reduced and career opportunities are not as common as before.

Please, as you understand the value of customers, please also understand the value of your employees, they are the backbone of the company and good leadership will help Sony achieve to the top of success.

There are newer employer reviews for Sony Electronics