Sony Electronics
news.sel.sony.com San Diego, CA 5000+ Employees

Working at Sony Electronics, an awesome consumer electronics company.

ProsIt's great to work for a company where the employees are passionate about the products, the customers, and the employees. It's always fun to introduce new break through products such as the full-frame compact camera, the RX1. Professional photographers are going nuts over this product.

ConsIt can be very frustrating having our hands tied by corporate in Tokyo. They need to trust the US marketing team to know our market and please our customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure that you encourage passionate employees to remain passionate. Light a fire under those who are not.

Both good and bad.

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Aurora, IL

I have been working at Sony Electronics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great employees who are all very friendly and have some great product knowledge. Everyone works with everyone employee wise to pick up shifts or trade… Cons: Shady management staff who tries to get rid of people they don't personally like. Terrible Hr staff, personally the worst i've dealt with. Josette never… Advice to Senior Management: Stop bringing personal matters into the workplace. Get a new Hr person. Stop covering… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A few difficult times... hopefully a much better future

I have been working at Sony Electronics

Pros: Working for Sony is an honor. The company has an amazing history and many of us have grown up with the brand. Work life… Cons: Several layoffs over the past few years have decreased employee loyalty and morale is down. Layoffs have made job stability a larger concern. The amount… More
There are newer reviews on Sony Electronics.

Worked for Sony Electronics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sony Electronics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sony Electronics CEO Michael Fasulo. All reviews posted anonymously by Sony Electronics employees.