There are newer employer reviews for Sony Electronics

Sony is not Sony anymore.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Sony Electronics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You get to build really cool and amazing stuff. The standard of quality you adhere to is simply out of the world. It's Japanese.

Cons

Too much dependence on Japan.

Either fix this place or shut this place down.

418 Other Employee Reviews for Sony Electronics (View Most Recent)

I've had a great experience.

Current Employee - Events in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Events in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Sony Electronics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have had a great experience at Sony. I've been lucky to be promoted when many people were being laid off. Over the last 5 years I've asked for a raise 4 times and received one. Tons of innovative and intelligent people to work with, many of them I consider friends.

Cons

Leadership is poor. The company will promote an individual not because they deserve it, but because they have good relationships with upper management. This is why I believe the company has struggled over the years.

I believe with the current layoffs, the company is in a good place to make some extremely necessary changes. Unfortunately a ton of people have lost their jobs, but it was necessary in order to get the business back to a profitable state.

Total success in achieving objectives. Given goals and objectives I am to build sales of Home Theater Products.

Current Employee - Senior Sales/Marketing Specialist in La Quinta, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Sales/Marketing Specialist in La Quinta, CA

I have been working at Sony Electronics part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Aggressive growth company with very credible values. Rewards employees to the fullest. Provides positive direction to achieve objectives and trains employees at a very high level.

Cons

To date I am not at full time. Income very fair for my performance. Excellent culture and life style values. My goal is to become full time and work my way to a higher level of management. Currently I do not see a full time opportunity based upon the company direction it is going with their high dollar products in the home theater market.

Expand product line in the Home Theater market. Establish in home consulting division for home theater prospects and total customer satisfaction over piece meal purchases.

There are newer employer reviews for Sony Electronics