There are newer employer reviews for Sony Electronics

Had so much potential, too bad its too late

Former Employee - Sales Associate
Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Sony Electronics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Loved the products, loved the experience. Build strong customer relationships and you will be very successful. Some employees at home office were amazing and very helpful whenever you needed there help or had an idea.

Cons

Two things bothered me the most while working at Sony, upper management would be the first. General manager of my location was the worst, very smart and had potential but never utiluzed their abilities. No disciplinary actions for those who violated company policies on a regular basis, played favorites among workers, went against your decisions to make you look bad in front of guests, bent over backwards for the customer but not once for your employees. Very disengaged when tried to build a team moral. No type of transparency, not even amongst fellow managers. No leadership qualities at all. Very hard to take serious. And the second would be the employees they hired, no one wanted to work, just there to collect a check and socialize. No customer service or sales experience. Hurt the location and the conpany in a whole. Being that our bonus was based on a collaborative effort it would upset me to see no one cared quarter after quarter. Employees were hired to fit the trends and not to sale. Big mistake

Rethink the current approach. Its not working

417 Other Employee Reviews for Sony Electronics (View Most Recent)

Not a memorable experience

Former Employee - Applied Research Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Applied Research Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Sony Electronics as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Location is good which is in Silicon valley

Cons

Except the pros: low salary, not good management etc

Human Resources @ Sony... rough job

Former Employee - Human Resources in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Miami, FL

I worked at Sony Electronics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Abiity to work with passionate people

Cons

It feels as though you're on a sinking ship where people are undervalued and are commonly stepped on and taken advantage of in the name of "The great SONY god"! almost laughable... This is why the company is sinking... without fist treating your people well bad things follow... corporate Karma!

Recognize your products come from people and when you have unhappy people you'll have unhappy everything

There are newer employer reviews for Sony Electronics