Sony Electronics

www.sonyjobs.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Sony Electronics

Had so much potential, too bad its too late

Former Employee - Sales Associate
Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Sony Electronics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Loved the products, loved the experience. Build strong customer relationships and you will be very successful. Some employees at home office were amazing and very helpful whenever you needed there help or had an idea.

Cons

Two things bothered me the most while working at Sony, upper management would be the first. General manager of my location was the worst, very smart and had potential but never utiluzed their abilities. No disciplinary actions for those who violated company policies on a regular basis, played favorites among workers, went against your decisions to make you look bad in front of guests, bent over backwards for the customer but not once for your employees. Very disengaged when tried to build a team moral. No type of transparency, not even amongst fellow managers. No leadership qualities at all. Very hard to take serious. And the second would be the employees they hired, no one wanted to work, just there to collect a check and socialize. No customer service or sales experience. Hurt the location and the conpany in a whole. Being that our bonus was based on a collaborative effort it would upset me to see no one cared quarter after quarter. Employees were hired to fit the trends and not to sale. Big mistake

Rethink the current approach. Its not working

462 Other Employee Reviews for Sony Electronics (View Most Recent)

Sinking Ship

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Sony Electronics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Sony in San Diego (Rancho Bernardo) has some good perks- beautiful gym that is open early and closes late and it's only $20 a month, a cafeteria that can make literally anything you want (kinda pricey and not really subsidized) and the hours are very manageable (typical 9-5). Bonus' and pay was pretty good too.

Cons

The creative services team/Sony Direct is really unorganized. Think twice before accepting a job in this group. A lot of people had been there for 15+ years and only know the sony way of things. They laid off more than half the team earlier this year and it seems like turn over is getting worse and worse. People are leaving left and right. Sony Electronics is doing VERY poorly and they can NEVER make their numbers. The group I worked with was a bunch of people who had very little previous experience that was related to their jobs and they all learned on the job at Sony, which as I mentioned above is not the best way of learning how to do your job! It's very corporate too, not a lot of "fun" things done for team building.

Hire people with more experience.

Not a memorable experience

Former Intern - Applied Research Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Former Intern - Applied Research Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Sony Electronics as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Location is good which is in Silicon valley

Cons

Except the pros: low salary, not good management etc

There are newer employer reviews for Sony Electronics