There are newer employer reviews for Sony Electronics

Nice Experience - Don't think I would do it again

Former Employee - Customer Support Manager  in  San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Customer Support Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Sony Electronics full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Work life balance is great, pay is great above average for most. Access to products is good. Benefits overall were really something to write home about.

Cons

For the past several years - worrying when the axe is going to fall. Company needs another Trinitron product something it can show the world they are a leader.

Become a leader again, not a Johnny come lately

390 Other Employee Reviews for Sony Electronics (View Most Recent)

Declining of Sony Brand and Marketing force

Former Employee - Director of Marketing
    Former Employee - Director of Marketing

I worked at Sony Electronics full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Sony known as one of the best global company consists of top notch innovative ideas and designs; Sony Electronics Inc, is a sales and marketing company of US region to help contribute the products to consumers. Under such environment, I was able to work with people with passion and who loved Sony throughout their life. Many smart people who liked Sony and the whole offices were mixed with many different backgrounds that made the company exciting.

Cons

Unfortunately, in past 5 years (more or less), newly joined sales, marketing and branding people had no understanding on Sony products and philosophy of the company. Many of them carried MBAs but had no brilliant ideas to achieve the sales goals, lacking of innovative thoughts and simply interested in making their portfolio stands out for next career. Many of these people relied in outsourcing group/ third parties who also have poor performance in output. Terrible Branding group who also messed up the brand of the company and failed to gain the trust among the consumers. Recent years of low level performance of these marketer/sales representative and branding people created terrible reputation among CE industries and market.

Deputy/CEO from Japan who just recently came to US and leads SEL with his partner (US CEO) should be fired immediately. He is the guy who actually messed up the whole business in Sony; nobody want to follow him and many left for this reason. Management team should also understand that due to their lack of innovative marketing ideas, the sales are obviously sliding down the hill. What Sony Electronics currently have now is secondary workforce with poor performance and lack of talent in marketing.

It was great

I have been working at Sony Electronics

Pros

Everything. It is a great company and I love it. Just fantastic, wonderful. It's everything you could ask for. It's excellent all around and I just live working here and doing my job. It's great I love it.

Cons

There are none, apart from the deadlines and the usual stuff that happens at any workplace it is challenging but then again most jobs are.

There are newer employer reviews for Sony Electronics

Worked for Sony Electronics? Contribute to the Community!