Sony Music Entertainment

There are newer employer reviews for Sony Music Entertainment

Great experience

Former Employee - Promotions Intern in Nashville, TN
Former Employee - Promotions Intern in Nashville, TN

I worked at Sony Music Entertainment as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Working for this company was a great experience. The environment is very relaxed but everyone takes their work incredibly seriously. For such a big company even as an intern I felt that I got to meet a ton of people and make connections. I was given a lot of freedom and trust and felt like I was actually doing work that mattered. There were no coffee runs or errands to do.

Cons

The biggest con would just be the overall job market in the music industry. I'm not sure what the salaries are but since they stem from record sales that industry is really struggling right now.

169 Other Employee Reviews for Sony Music Entertainment (View Most Recent)

Fun internship, but no work after

Former Employee - Pop Promotions Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Pop Promotions Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Sony Music Entertainment as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Having this company on your resume is amazing and its super fun to be on the inside. I can't say that I learned a lot because I had a lot of experience coming in but it was fun none the less.

Cons

The negative part is that once your internship is over they forget about you. It seems like getting a job there is about getting an "in" with upper management. No one actually cares about getting to know you if they don't already know you.

Give the interns a chance to actually be an employee there in the future. You all are missing out on a lot of great people with great work ethic.

Political and non committal

Current Employee - Advertising Operations Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Advertising Operations Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at Sony Music Entertainment as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Access to projects relating to some of the hottest artists in the market right now. I was able to work directly on artist sites, ecommerce and other promotional projects and then in turn track the success or lack thereof from our efforts. The building itself had a lot to offer with an in-house cafeteria and gym.

Cons

No insurance and no headcount means no job stability. The main focus was not on current projects but on keeping one's job rather than the project at hand. The particular department I worked in had a revolving door of employees which made it difficult to establish a smooth work flow.

Rather than trying to cut down on hiring staff full time, try working to attain the best staff possible. Whether people were let go or found other opportunities on their own, at least 2/3 of the staff on board are actively looking for something else.

There are newer employer reviews for Sony Music Entertainment