Sony Online Entertainment
www.sonyonline.com San Diego, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Pleasant

Programmer (Current Employee)

ProsIt's a fun environment - nice break room, more coffee than you can handle, and as SOE is all about video games, things are generally more relaxed unless there's a crunch fast approaching. The people I work with are great and I am enjoying what I'm doing for the time being.

ConsSOE is all about video games - if you come here looking to eventually leave for other Computer Science sectors, you might be hard-pressed to find experience here that is applicable.

Good environment to work in

I have been working at Sony Online Entertainment

Pros: Certainly a sense of family that comes from the top… Cons: Sometimes that family environment led to employees outstaying their welcome Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Chaos sans process

Lead Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Sony Online Entertainment full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great discounts at the Sony Store. Free gold… Cons: Between the months of 12/7 mandatory hours, the complete lack of process, producers who spent most of their time interrupting people to ask "is it… Advice to Senior Management: This is for Smed.... your lower level managers are too afraid to stand up to you and say "no" and you are unaware of the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Sony Online Entertainment.

Worked for Sony Online Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sony Online Entertainment reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sony Online Entertainment CEO John Smedley. All reviews posted anonymously by Sony Online Entertainment employees.